May 25 2010

Other conversations I don’t want to be a part of…

Published by at 7:59 am under Comedy,Quote of the Day

Overheard yesterday: “It was like a romance co-authored by Caligula and H.P. Lovecraft.  Thank God I escaped!”

16 Responses to “Other conversations I don’t want to be a part of…”

1. Bronteson 25 May 2010 at 5:36 pm

A drunk, sex-crazed Cthulu… Interesting.

2. B. Macon 26 May 2010 at 8:24 am

One thing I’ve taken away from this experience is that the people that frequent the library at 1 a.m. two weeks after finals are over tend to be very strange. I wonder what that says about me. 😉

3. Bronteson 26 May 2010 at 9:33 am

You’re writing about a mutant alligator whos probably more patriotic than half of the U.S. and his tax-savvy partner. Not that weird.

4. B. Macon 26 May 2010 at 10:41 am

Some of the stories I could tell about tax-related hijinks are just as crazy as fiction. For example, I got the idea for Agent Orange trying to pay his taxes in pennies from real life.

5. Bronteson 26 May 2010 at 2:03 pm

Stranger things have happened hahaha.

6. B. Macon 27 May 2010 at 12:23 pm

Speaking of which, somebody just died while in line for World Cup tickets. If he had just read The Taxman Must Die, he would have known that death, despair and soccer go hand in hand. 😉

7. Bronteson 27 May 2010 at 4:10 pm

The crocodile was missing.

8. B. Macon 28 May 2010 at 7:55 am

That only means he got away!

Fun fact: Crocodylus is derived from the Greek “krokodeilos” which means “pebble worm.” Yes, South Africa has many man-eating pebble worms.

9. Bronteson 29 May 2010 at 7:01 am

He got away, probably with the eleven tickets. Agent Orange goes to Africa to battle the crocodile imposter in the soccer world finals hehehe.

10. B. Macon 29 May 2010 at 11:26 am

In Britain, soccer masquerades as an interesting sport. That’s why everybody calls it “football” there. 😉

11. Bronteson 30 May 2010 at 8:42 am

Back on topic though; they were probably talking about this:

12. B. Macon 30 May 2010 at 8:49 am

AHHHH MY MIND
    IZ RUIND

13. Bronteson 30 May 2010 at 9:22 am

I’m not responsible for any psychological ill-effects…

14. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 31 May 2010 at 3:59 am

Oh my God, that review was written by Yahtzee! I love that guy! 😀 He does these videogame reviews on the Escapist, called Zero Punctuation, where he talksreallyfastandmakesallsortsofrudejokes. As a gamer, I love what he does. I also like the Angry Video Game Nerd on cinemassacre.com (he swears a LOT).

That Guy With the Glasses is great too, he covers movies along with the others on the same site (thatguywiththeglasses.com) .

And I’ll tell you a conversation that I don’t wanna be a part of.

“OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG EDWARD CULLEN IS SO HOOOOOOOOOT~!”

Speaking of Twilight, I’m attending a pop culture convention soon, and I predict I will be knee deep in blood by the end of the day, from being bashed by diehard Twihards, bashing said Twihards, or a Team Edward vs. Team Jacob brawl. (shudder)

15. B. Macon 31 May 2010 at 5:02 am

I don’t want to be a part of any conversation precipitated by any commentary on ESPN or TMZ. ESPN has to fill so many hours with so much junk that its talking heads will pick on the most ridiculous minor-outrages to gin up controversy. I think ESPN is okay when it comes to breaking sports news that is actually newsworthy*, though. For example, Landis Floyd’s accusation that Lance Armstrong was doping.

*To the extent that sporting news can be newsworthy. Even in the Super Bowl or World Cup or Tour of France, the only thing at stake is who gets to brag until next year or four years or whenever. Nevertheless… Wars have been fought over less than bragging rights. See The War of Jenkins’ Ear, for example. 😉

16. B. Macon 31 May 2010 at 5:03 am

Ack. His name is Floyd Landis. I’m going dyslexic.