Apr 01 2009

I hate April Fool’s Day

I went to check my Gmail and Google announced a new feature that could automatically reply to e-mails.  “Autopilot calibrates for tone, typos and preferred punctuation.  It’s just like you, but automated.”  Good God, I thought– that’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard this week.  Thirty seconds later, I realize that it’s actually April 1 here.  Ah… wasn’t Google’s motto supposed to be something like “don’t be evil”?

9 Responses to “I hate April Fool’s Day”

1. Avi Arunon 01 Apr 2009 at 5:12 am

LOL. I was fooled too, in youtube. All the text were upside down, but the most fortunate thing there was you could make it go normal.

2. Lunajamniaon 01 Apr 2009 at 7:16 am

Oh, lol as well. I thought you were going to say something about *whisper* that conficker/however you say it virus.

3. Lunajamniaon 01 Apr 2009 at 7:17 am

–and how it crashed your computer so you had to use someone else’ or something.

4. Ragged Boyon 01 Apr 2009 at 11:21 am

Ick! Another pointless holiday. Thanksgiving, St. Patricks, Christmas, they’re all just days like any other. There’s nothing special about holidays.

Sorry, I’m not a fan of holidays. Bad things tend to happen around them.

5. Tomon 01 Apr 2009 at 11:32 am

Ha, April Fool’s Day. Always good for a laugh on the internet. My favourite prank of all time was on the website YuGiOh The Abridged Series last year (the original abridged series, he dubs episodes of the YuGiOh anime to make fun of them), where he claimed he was stopping the abridged series forever and had made a final episode. Only at the very end of the ‘final episode’ did he reveal it was all a big joke.

Oh, and here’s a link to something that’s… umm… not a Rickroll?

Good ol’ Rick Astley!

6. Tomon 01 Apr 2009 at 11:34 am

Hmm… hyperlinking didn’t work.

Oh well, here’s the link to something that’s totally not a Rickroll.

7. B. Macon 01 Apr 2009 at 11:40 am

I did Rick Astley for Halloween. It was pretty hilarious. I even did the song and dance and I spent $25 on the haircut.

8. Tomon 01 Apr 2009 at 11:50 am

Did somebody mention Rickrolling?

9. Johnnyon 01 Apr 2009 at 2:43 pm

Neopets is usually pretty good with their pranks, but this year’s was lame. Just trying to launch some Neoplants thing where you can feed and water plants for your pets. I was expecting better.