Nov 21 2009

Twilight Drinking Game

Published by at 11:33 pm under Comedy

Dammit.  Lady-friends roped me into Twilight tonight.  At least something good will come out of this: a drinking game.

1. Take a sip every time someone broods.  (Small sip– save some room for #4 and #5).
  2. Take a drink every time there’s a product placement.  (I counted 7).
  3. Take a drink every time someone uses the word “understand.”  Take two drinks every time someone uses the phrase “you don’t understand” or “you can’t understand.”
  4. Take a drink every time someone compliments Bella or declares his devotion for her.
  5. Take two drinks every time the audience cheers at a shirtless male or an expression of love.
  6. Take a drink everytime the audience laughs at something so bad it’s funny.  Take two drinks when a sparkly Edward and a sparkly Bella take a romp through a Disney-like forest.
  7. Take a drink every time the audience laughs at something that’s actually meant to be funny.  Take two drinks during the Face Punch scene.

10 Responses to “Twilight Drinking Game”

1. Emilyon 22 Nov 2009 at 12:04 am

You must have become sooooo drunk!

2. Jonnyon 22 Nov 2009 at 12:59 pm

One question. Is this for New Moon or Twilight? Either way, I’m definitely gonna try this out!

3. B. Macon 22 Nov 2009 at 1:31 pm

I did it for the new movie. I haven’t seen the old one, but I imagine it would convert pretty well. However, my ladyfriends inform me that the protagonist got a LOT more compliments in the last one.

I don’t know how other drinking games work, but for my purposes I interpreted “take a drink” to mean “drink at a normal pace for a few seconds,” rather than “finish the drink.” In all, I took ~8 sips and ~30 drinks. It worked out to about $4.50 of soda from the movie theater (a large soda, maybe 32 ounces).

4. B. Macon 22 Nov 2009 at 1:35 pm

PS: The “Face Punch” scene was genuinely hilarious, pure comedy at its best. As soon as someone posts the scene on YouTube, I will link to it.

5. Jonnyon 22 Nov 2009 at 2:15 pm

Good thing you weren’t taking shots then.

6. B. Macon 22 Nov 2009 at 2:32 pm

Yeah, I can’t afford alcohol on a writer’s salary. 😉

7. Beccaon 22 Nov 2009 at 5:02 pm

Haven’t seen the new one yet (haha maybe tonight), but the first one was so melodramatic and terrible that it was just funny.

8. Wingson 23 Nov 2009 at 11:37 am

Being underage, I can’t try this with actual alcohol, but that is why water was created.

There’s also a My Immortal drinking game somewhere on TVTropes. At least one person has died in the attempt to complete it. 🙂

– Wings

9. Missyon 25 Nov 2009 at 3:22 pm

You guys must have gotten SO wasted. XD

10. B. Macon 25 Nov 2009 at 3:26 pm

As helpful as alcohol would have been, I was drinking soda. Unfortunately, the resulting sugar rush kept me awake throughout the movie.