Oct 15 2009

Hah, I liked this…

Published by at 9:48 pm under Comedy,Eccentric Tangent

alert1

The author behind My Writer’s Block got off lucky with this one– it definitely wasn’t that easy for me to get rid of Vista.

This reminds me of my freshman year, when Dell computers suddenly started melting (and at least once bursting into flames) across campus.  I signed on as a marketer for a team of computer guys who were selling homemade computers that were suddenly desirable.  Our motto was “one melted computer is a tragedy; a hundred melted computers are an opportunity.”

13 Responses to “Hah, I liked this…”

1. B. Macon 15 Oct 2009 at 9:52 pm

PS: If you complain about the spelling error in the picture, I’m going to slap you. 😀

2. Wingson 16 Oct 2009 at 9:02 am

Spelling error!

Joking! Merely joking…

I’ve seen a bunch like these, be they Death Note related (Mello has appeared! What do you do? Glomp-Give chocolate-Kiss-All of the above) or like yours.

Haha….

– Wings

3. The Doctoron 16 Oct 2009 at 10:14 am

I’d crap myself if that suddenly appeared on my screen…

4. Ragged Boyon 16 Oct 2009 at 11:28 am

I actually thought it was on my screen. I got up and backed away slowly in fear.

5. Merideson 16 Oct 2009 at 11:37 am

Me too, RB. I tried to click the “X” and it went to the link with just the picture… I was tricked, and horribly so.

6. Missy ADon 16 Oct 2009 at 12:20 pm

You totally scared the crap out of me– I thought it was real for a second. XD

7. Luna Jamniaon 16 Oct 2009 at 4:16 pm

I joined NaNoWriMo *freakout*
    I can’t believe I’m actually going to try to write that much …

I know this is off topic. You can delete it. Just had to put this post somewhere and share it with you all.

8. Ragged Boyon 16 Oct 2009 at 4:58 pm

I just NaNoWriMo and I’m scared. I’m not writing a novel! I’m writing a comic book. Do you think they will hate me? Should I start a novel?

[Goes to read the About Page]

Holy crap! That’s what I have to do?! I’m excited, but scared. It’s a mental smoothie mixed with ripe fruits of my own wayward emotions. I want to do it, but I don’t have any type of book planned. I’ll have to start planning. This is going to be fun. I always did want to write a cyberpunk youth story.

9. Wingson 16 Oct 2009 at 5:52 pm

Yay, more NaNoWriMoers!

No way I’ll actually make the goal, but I’m really bored, so I’ll try anyway. It would also give me a few more chapters for HTSTW.

I tried to force the surprisingly talented writer P to join, but he is ignoring me in favor of geometry. Geometry, I tell you! (P, if you’re reading this, I mean that in the nicest way possible. Really).

I am Iriswings there, so go friend me or something! You know you want to. We also have a club somewhere…

– Wings

10. Luna Jamniaon 16 Oct 2009 at 8:51 pm

Yes! I shall join you. 😀
    Thanks, B. Mac and mods, for not deleting this right away.

11. Luna Jamniaon 16 Oct 2009 at 8:53 pm

… I think there’s something wrong with the log in. It keeps saying the password is wrong and I need a new one … blah.

12. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 18 Oct 2009 at 5:58 am

“This reminds me of my freshman year, when Dell computers suddenly started melting (and at least once bursting into flames) across campus”.

Haha, you should watch these. It’s an Aussie comedy team known as the Chaser, a pretty hilarious bunch (excusing the unfunny and controversial sketch they did recently). You might know them as the people who got past all the APEC security for a joke a couple years back.

They are no longer on TV, but went for three seasons and there are rumours of another show soon. They did a sketch every week with the Surprise Spruiker, a member dressed up who tried to ‘help’ businesses sell things. He did one for Dell laptops.

This one’s pretty funny too (obviously it was set up to explode, no way would it actually happen onscreen)

13. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 18 Oct 2009 at 6:06 am

I just posted a comment, but it’s awaiting moderation. Also I forgot to warn that the first video has at least one instance of swearing, so is NSFW/NSFS, but other than that it’s pretty harmless.

It’s just some links to an Aussie comedy team who did a sketch on exploding Dell laptops and another video that you might have heard of because they managed to infiltrate APEC when it was glaringly obvious that they were not officials of any type.

I quote: “160 million dollars were spent on APEC security, the biggest lockdown operation the country’s ever seen, and yet there were holes in the security wide enough to drive three trucks, two motorcycles and four Secret Service guards through.” Haha, that’s a pretty big fail on the behalf of the security.