May 25 2012

Artists Looking for Writers

Published by at 5:29 am under Writing Articles

If you’re an illustrator that wants to find a writing collaborator, please post a request below (e.g. any relevant details about the project you have in mind).

For contact information, I would recommend using only an email you’d be comfortable throwing away–no phone numbers or addresses.

76 Responses to “Artists Looking for Writers”

1. ehrichon 01 Jun 2012 at 10:07 am

My names Eric (no surprise) I’m in panama city, FL. I’m 35 years old and have been writing stories ever since I learned to write.

I written stories based on real life, fiction, sci-fi, horror and others comic charters. I’ve never been published though, but that’s mostly cause I’ve never perused it .

my writing influences have changed many many times over the years, but one trend that has stayed is the stories have been a bit darker. As of the last couple years they have been getting much much darker to the point that i don’t write about superheroes anymore cause my stories don’t have clear cut good guys or bad guys. Instead i think of them as super-beings.

My latest graphic novel is probably the most original new story to come out to comic readers in years.

the main character is a seemingly normal guy, he graduated from high school velar Victorian, went to the NIU graduated in the top percentile, then off to MIT where he excelled but again graduated just in the top percentile. He majored in chemical engineering.

After college he took over the families business “steel,chemical industry” it was a small modest company that employed 15-17 workers making cleaning solutions and tanks.

Well he envisioned more, so he began building the company making it bigger. 25….45…100…158.. employees, bigger contracts moving into new fields, till one day he decides to go after a D.O.D. contract to make a new cooling system for the D.O.D’s super computer.

but before he can complete it , he runs out of money. desperate he looks for an alternative source for money and turns to the Russian mob.

after many trials and errors, he finally cracks the problem. the D.O.D comes for a demonstration.

During the test things go horribly wrong and the test ends up a failure and his contract is pulled and all his funding was lost.

later that night the mob comes looking for there money. finding him they question him and end up throwing him into the tanks. where he gets his powers.

this is a kinda sloppy form of the story cause i don’t want to give out all the details of it

but I’m looking for someone to help me figure out the dialog between people to make it seem more organic. also looking for an artist to do the art work for it.

my ultimate goal for this is to get to a point where i can present it to kickstarter and get funding for wide publication of it.

let me know if you interested email is monkeybutt4546@yahoo.com ( if you email me put The 20 in the header)

2. Jimmyon 01 Jun 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hello, my name is Jimmy. I am currently looking for a writer to do a collaboration. I’m interested in doing cerebral sci-fi, real world, horror and superheroes. I can be notified by twitter, @iamso77 or the deviantart website.

Thanks

3. ehrichon 01 Jun 2012 at 2:11 pm

hey jimmy how do i find you on deviantart ?

4. Jimmyon 01 Jun 2012 at 3:33 pm

Just click on my name. Thanks

5. Monstroon 01 Jun 2012 at 4:33 pm

I’m an artist. Anybody out there looking for me?

6. Tonyon 01 Jun 2012 at 4:41 pm

hi im Tony and Im seeking an artist to help bring my ideas to life
    looking to produce an ongoing about a team superheroes and another ongoing set in modern times as the stuff of legend and myth
    im reluctant to share details out in the openare reawakening
    please contact me for more details through my email – lostinthought96@yahoo.com
    and please send me samples or a link to some artwork if you dont i wont respond

7. ehrichon 01 Jun 2012 at 4:56 pm

Monstro got a link to any of your work?

8. Monstroon 01 Jun 2012 at 5:51 pm

Nope. I’m not yet established, but I’m trying to make a name for myself.

9. Carl Shinyamaon 01 Jun 2012 at 8:26 pm

This will be a useful forum. I’m an artist first, a writer second.

I will be writing the first issue for one of my projects that I want to get off of the ground.

10. Carl Shinyamaon 01 Jun 2012 at 8:28 pm

Dangit. I pressed “enter” by accident.

As I was going to type:

I may be using this site to recruit a writer for the long haul on one of my books if it gets the green light.

11. B. McKenzieon 01 Jun 2012 at 9:58 pm

“I’m an artist. Anybody out there looking for me?” If possible, I’d recommend being more specific about your skills (ideally with a gallery of samples)–for example, can you handle penciling, inking, coloring and/or lettering? What are your stylistic preferences like? For example, if I were a writer working on a Lovecraftian horror, I’d be looking for a very different sort of artist than I would for a Big 2-style superhero story–especially if I had already had a penciler/inker lined up and only needed a colorer.

12. Chernabogon 02 Jun 2012 at 6:05 pm

I’m a writer looking for my big break. Any artist out there looking for a writer with a lot of great ideas but no artist to compliment it?

13. ehrichon 02 Jun 2012 at 7:31 pm

are there any dark artist types on here? im looking for something dark and demented

14. Dan Bon 12 Jun 2012 at 7:47 pm

I am a writer. I have one published children’s book, The Tale of Eartha the Sea Turtle, and another awaiting publication. I have a third book, which I was hired to write on the subject of bullying, currently being illustrated.

I am also developing a kids comic with an illustrator friend (Volume Zero is already written), and I am developing a graphic novel as well.

If you have a story ide,a I can help you organize it and give it structure.

You can follow me on twitter @danbodenstein

15. ehrichon 22 Jun 2012 at 12:11 am

I’m still looking for an artist and co-writer for my graphic novel if anyone is interested

16. ehrichon 08 Jul 2012 at 6:41 pm

and still looking for a co-writer for help

17. elizabethon 18 Jul 2012 at 1:39 pm

looking for a comic artist for new children’s comic strip and or book. I can write, not draw, and would like to collaborate with partner

18. Jose Hansonon 09 Aug 2012 at 11:56 am

Hi Monstro I love to do a collaboration with you if you’d like email me: josehnsn@gmail.com

19. Hotrod198on 09 Aug 2012 at 4:45 pm

If anyone here is looking for a writer, I would be more than happy to help. I’m not sure what real qualifications I need, but I have written several fanfics before, short stories for competitions in my home city (several out of the many came in the top 3 rankings), and that’s about it. I have terrific ideas of visualisation where I enact the scenes in my head which allows me to feel the tension and what is really happening in the scene. (sorta cheesy but it is true).

Despite this, I will be working on my own novels and other projects at the same time. So I will put as much effort into it as I ca while also mainly focusing on my own projects.

So, if anyone would like me to write for them, feel free to contact me by leaving a comment here.

20. jadeinaboxon 11 Aug 2012 at 11:12 pm

Hi! I’m looking for a writer how ok making a comic for fun some one how just wants to practice your work my isn’t bad but i want to test myself so if thats you email me at
    bunnystorm21@yahoo.com

21. Hotrod198on 12 Aug 2012 at 2:52 am

is there an example of your work somewhere? such as on deviantart and such? i would be interested in collaborating but would need to see the style you draw and how dedicated you are.

If for some reason you don’t, email me some of your work, or I can email you to reply.

My email is: hotrod198@rocketmail.com

22. Philip James Hananon 31 Aug 2012 at 5:11 pm

Hi! My name is Philip Hanan and I have been doing series concepts since 1993. I have developed 12 comic book series and 24 manga series. I wrote and illustrated two parts of Guaridan Angels, a Christian Manga in Anime Angels Magazine before they changed formats and focus. I worked with two manga artists in the past. I co-developed a series with one artist who quit to focus more on school and developed a series for an artist who also quit on me.

I wrote three yet-to-be published novels based upon one of my comic book series that I wrote from 1996-1998. I wrote and published the novel, My Heart Lies In Japan (for sale at lulu.com) and The History of the Video Game Console (for sale at lulu.com)

I wrote anime and video game reviews for Anime Angels, wrote manga reviews for mangapunk.com, and wrote video game reviews and previews for Cheat Code Central and Cheat Codes Magazine.

I would love to find an artist looking for a writer or co-writer. I am not looking for one looking for pay, however. I am not looking for someone to illustrate a few pages for me. I want someone who will not quit one me and is willing to partner with me to submit our material to publishers such as Avatar Press.

I am willing to write any genre, but I prefer to write either Superhero stories or Manga style Romantic Comedies.

I hope to hear from an artist soon. You can contact me at: philhanan@yahoo.com

23. Lathan Wellson 18 Sep 2012 at 3:57 am

I have been coming up with story concepts off and on ever since 2004. My expertise includes Sci-Fi, Mythology, Superhero, Medieval, Ancient Era, High Fantasy. Those are the only things I can write well. Mainstream Comedy, Romance, ect I have trouble with. Any artists or collaborators who want to discuss things can contact me at xedous2331@aol.com

24. Orion Kay Linnon 16 Oct 2012 at 12:30 pm

Hello,

I have been looking for someone to do a comic with me for years. I have a story for a dark fantasy that I have been wanting to see in comic form but finding artists is very hard. If you are interested in working with me, please contact me (orionfantasy on Deviantart)

25. danteon 05 Nov 2012 at 5:30 am

hi

i want some one to do a comic/manga/webcomic …. i don’t want mony and i can’t give money(lol)

here is my gallery http://emo-dante.deviantart.com/gallery/

and here is my email:dante8113@yahoo.com

26. Jackon 13 Nov 2012 at 10:47 am

Hello, I am a web comic creator but lack great original artistic skills, I am good at image altering and placement as well as custom backgrounds using pre existing images or designing shapes. My main talent is writting or blocking comics and novels, as well as web site design. I have a project in the begining stages of development and I also have an ongoing hobbie comic that I want to begin moving away from its current format and into a more artistic form. What I am looking for is an artist that is willing to help me produce about one comic page a month (hopefully more) and really partner with me on a rather large graphic novel based off of a book I have been writting. If this interests you please contact me at pocketsfullofpansies@gmail.com.

Here is a link to the web comic I have been doing in my spare time since 2011 http://partyrules.tripod.com/index.htm

I look forward to any interested artists.
    Im not sure as to what type of artist i am looking for as i have learned in the past even if one draws heavily from manga or if one draws from traditional comic styles the end result can still be exactly what you envisioned and both contibutors can enjoy the outcome. So if you would like to sent me galleries of your work I can see if this is something we both would like to do.

27. Jackon 13 Nov 2012 at 10:51 am

Appologies, I ment to include the nature of the novel, it is a sci-fi-ish cerebral set in the future as seen from a mental patient sequestered in an insane asylum.

28. Lunna MoonLiTon 19 Nov 2012 at 9:10 am

Hi… I’m an Author ;) I am looking for an Artist.. Please mail me at Udhaiyah@yahoo.com thank you

29. Nicon 24 Nov 2012 at 1:13 am

Writer here seeking an artist. Have a number of ideas in mind – mostly sci-fi/fantasy. I dig all kinds of art, but I love darker, grittier feeling art with prominent backdrops.

I can’t pay you, but we can try and publish.

NicholasEaton42@gmail.com

30. dean mitchellon 29 Nov 2012 at 3:21 am

Hi guys and girls.

Killer b*****s of the zombie holocaust is seeking a new artist (pencil and inks) for episode 2, being published by Hound comics.

The pay is 30% of sales. With episode 2 going on sale in March. The comic is distributed through houndcomics.com\ amazon\barnes & noble\waterstones and others so the sales will be high.

Check out the comic and if you are interested and think your art will suit the series, please email at kbofthezh@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks,

Dean Mitchell (writer)
    Houndcomics.com
    Facebook.com/kbofthezh

31. Comic Kiddon 02 Dec 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hey, Im a 14 year old kid working on a super hero comic book with my friend! we are starting a company called CJ comix. C for his name And J for mine! I was wondering if their are any artists interested in drawing for us? Our storyline is almost finished please email me at jakehudsonfanmail@gmail.com

32. Mike Pearsonon 02 Dec 2012 at 10:22 pm

I have been working on a three part graphic novel that centers around the transition of one super hero ‘era’ to the next. The story is written in a very grounded and realistic way that focuses on immersing the reader in this new city. I am currently seeking an illustrator and a co-writter that can add even more to the story and help make this thing great. If interested i will provide more details in an email regarding the plot and so on. I already have base sketches for the majority of the characters and i can provide those as well. i can be reached at chaselanezz@gmail.com

33. Chrison 12 Dec 2012 at 6:40 pm

My name is Chris, I’m heavily into comic books, and am very serious about starting my own franchise, I’ve been working on my ideas for years now, and like many other writers I’m trying to bring them to life. I have a plethora of characters, each with their own significant story. I utilize all different characteristics of a comic book universe including multiple dimensions, mythology, science, love, war and all that jazz. The only thing I need is an artist as dedicated as I am. If your interested hit me up at opert92@yahoo.com, thanks in advanced for you cooperation.

34. YellowJujuon 12 Dec 2012 at 7:07 pm

I think it’s funny how the article is about artists looking for writers, but most of the comment go the other way around.

35. B. McKenzieon 12 Dec 2012 at 7:44 pm

Well, it is a website for writers. I would be surprised if there were many artists reading it.

36. Jackon 24 Dec 2012 at 2:17 am

Im jusy hoping to get lucky enough to have an artist run across my post and contact me. I’ve been trying to shift my comic’s platform to more artistic for 2 years now, but it seems there is a larger quantity of writers seeking artists than artists looking for writers. Id like to find a good one and start building a buisness from my ideas… but now its a waiting game. By the by… Happy holidays!

37. Georgeon 03 Jan 2013 at 11:09 am

Hey, I’m novice writer who has only finished 3 scripts for issues of one of my comics. Im only comfortable in writing in the genres of sci-fi, fantasy, action, and superheroes but I have many ideas already to write I just need to start them. If interested email me with a sample of your works and i’ll get back to you.

38. Georgeon 03 Jan 2013 at 11:09 am

Hahhha, Sorry but I forgot to post my email. It is VengefulCanadian@hotmail.com

39. Joshon 28 Jan 2013 at 9:10 am

Hello. My name is Josh Eure, and my stories have won the Dell Award (formerly the Asimov Award), and the Brenda L. Smart Prize, and reached the finalist list in Glimmer Train’s Short Story Award for New Writers. I have also won Sundress Publications’ Best of the Net Award for 2010, judged by fiction author Michael Knight, and have appeared in Oxford American, Southern Cultures, Raleigh Review, Windhover, and Dell Magazines, to name a few places.

I earned an MFA in Creative Writing at North Carolina State University.

I decided to begin searching for artists seeking to work on a comic, because I have done some things with artists before, but they fell through. I grew up on comic books, and fantasy and sci-fi are genres I have always had a passion for. I love Tolkein, Howard, Lovecraft, Martin, Lethem, Asimov, Philip K. Dick, animes like Ninja Scroll and Record of Lodoss Wars, Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Gundam, Vampire Hunter D, video games like Skyrim and Mass Effect and anything Final Fantasy. MMOs like Final Fantasy XI and XIV and Age of Conan.

I won a national sci-fi writing award for undergraduate excellence a few years back, and I studied under famous sci-fi author John Kessel. I taught fiction writing for two years to undergraduates at NC State during my assistantship there, so I’m very much qualified.

I can email a few short stories to show my style, or you can look at my fiction blog. I can also send some comic pages of an unfinished work I did with another artist years ago, a post-apocalyptic thing of mine, but the artist flaked, so it never really took off. A lot of artists I have known seem to expect to get paid before ever building a name for themselves. The arts is a risky business, and requires sacrifice and hardwork. Passion.

I’d like to start something from the ground up, perhaps with another writer friend of mine who lives nearby and is very accomplished with speculative and fantasy fiction writing. He is currently in the same MFA program that I graduated from.

I have tons of ideas, and my friend does also. Some of it genre, some not. I’m sure you, as an artist, do as well.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Josh

40. Michaelon 02 Feb 2013 at 9:25 am

I’m a writer looking for an artist a project of mine, with several more on the backburner, if we work well together. The initial project is a superhero comic, but like I said, there are several more titles I intend to work on, including a religious comic with a Legend of Zelda theme, another involving twins dealing with astral demons and supernatural creatures, and one about a superpowered military strike-team.

I’m open to collaborate on projects of your, of course.

Email me at: michaelarlain@gmail.com and let’s get to work!

41. joeon 05 Feb 2013 at 11:42 pm

Artists Wanted – Supporting a Great Cause – Hero Initiative – CBLDF – Help for Heroes

Wanted Artists looking to contribute to a great campaign. You can submit a sketch card, you can be the lead inker or toner, you decide.

A bit about the project.

My name is Joe and I have embarked on an unpaved path. I want to challenge the world of comics with a new way to perceive Comics as a source of Inspiration and Paying it forward.

And so the story I’ve been working on for the last 30 years has finally come to fruition.

I have teamed up with a local and talented artist Mr. Daniel Gorman and together we are going to revolutionize the way you think of comics, challenging what you thought was a great plot line and critically acclaimed story.

Think Walking Dead vs Inception, now turn it upside down, and give it a really good spin…

Why am I here.

Currently we have a lead penciler (Mr. Gorman), the story concept/arc/script (myself), and potentially a letterer (professional typographer).

What we need:

Potential Core Inker on the book (can be digitally enhanced pencils or digital inks)
    Potential Toner on the book (can be water color style, shadows and grey/black tones will suit this Macabre style tale well)
    Variant Cover/Pinup
    Any artists willing to donate small pieces parts to the cause
    Anyone willing to help spread the word about the project and share resources or a positive mention

Why now?:

Dave Sim started the revolution when he was one of the first self published creators to gain critical acclaim. Critical acclaim is the goal here. Delivering a smart match of ideals, prophetic warnings, mystery, politics, and suspense.

Why Us?

We are going to work our butts off this summer promoting this book, teaming with Good causes like Hero Initiative, Help for Heroes (a new foundation started by Sean Forney), and CBLDF. Between our core team and supporters we are going to cover at least 10 major comic con shows in the U.S. We are hoping to distribute 10,000 copies of our ashcan. The goal is to get everyone involved in the project, in some way shape or form, both self satisfaction for helping a worthy campaign, some type of compensation, and all the right publicity.

Please send samples of sequential art inks and/or tones to jdam22@gmail.com

I will personally go through ALL who submit and based on style and timing, decide who works best for the story.

If you are submitting or willing to submit anything as a donation, all will be appreciated and accepted.

The ashcan will hit print around March 3-5th and will be debuting at Orlando Comic Con in Mid March.

What do you get out of it?

Any donations will be properly welcomed and thanked.

If you can contribute a pin-up / variant cover / or full on inks or tones we can discuss terms. We do have a budget that can be appropriated towards this, but since the goal is not to make money, but be a game changer, I would prefer artists who would like to continue to see involvement in this project, that can offset up front commission, for publicity and continued involvement and interest in the project.

I am very open to terms and negotiation as far as that goes and welcome your thoughts as well as rates. (due to the nature of the book rates beyond $50/pg will be beyond our budget for this project)

Promotions:

10 shows across the US – distributing the ashcan’s / post cards / promotionals / linking to social media and kickstarter campaign

I am willing to link you to any and all promotions for your involvement in the project and would love to give all credit where it is due whenever possible

Thanks for all of your attention and I hope to hear from some talented artsists soon!

Best

Joe

42. Rex Kelleyon 26 Apr 2013 at 3:14 am

Hi everyone, I’ve been an avid comic reader for over 30 years.I used to write stories when i was very young.Sadly life got in the way when i got in my 20′s and I stopped writing.I started college a year ago going for a Bachelors in Game Design.Along the way I came up with a great idea for a comic. I think its a great idea and very original.I’m looking for a co-writer if need be and I really need an artist. I would even come up with ideas and stories for an artist if they wanted me to.We could collaborate together and and help each other with our work.I have a plan set in motion of how to relate my ideas to an artist and so forth.I’ve been looking for about a month now for an artist,but no luck.I started on my college’s website and some said they wanted to do collaborations but i never hear from them.I really want to start an independent comic book label.Then I went on the search engine an looked up artists/writer collaborations and came across these posts and it really interested me.I going to different forums here and there and I’m not going to give up my dream. I think if i could find the right artists and co-writers we could create something special.If this sounds interesting to you can email me at ninjamana2000@yahoo.com and we can start networking and bring our dreams to life.Thank you and have a great day.

43. Savannah D.on 30 Apr 2013 at 8:41 am

Hi, I see there has been some activity here so I thought posting here might be worthwhile. I am a ‘writer’ who is very interested in connecting with more than a few artist for a few separate projects or maybe one artist who can help me with my different endeavors as we go, if we work well together. I want to start by saying that, like any writer, I pull from my personal life and from my personal views on society as a whole in my writings. If that becomes a problem early on than we can just agree to disagree and try to work through it. If not then whatever, right?

I’m also looking for co writers and the same warning that I stated above applies. I’m not one to bend my opinions so that someone else is comfortable. I hope that doesn’t sound too foreboding. But honestly, despite wanting to have fun and enjoy the task, I also have a message that I want to be clear in anything I do.

44. Maya Kochon 01 May 2013 at 3:26 pm

Hello. I have been writing for a while, and have two ideas for webcomics that I would desperately like to get out there.

The trouble is, I’m not a particularly good artist.

I’m looking for someone who can provide me with the proper artistic skill needed to achieve my ideal creation.

If you’re interested on collaborating, please email me.

Thank you! :)

45. Maya Kochon 01 May 2013 at 4:14 pm

Email @: mayakoch@hotmail.com

(Whoops)

46. Steve Deighanon 12 May 2013 at 12:23 pm

Hi all,

I’m from Scotland, UK, and I’m looking for an artist(s) to help me illustrate some upcoming projects I have. I have some great marketing leads and a decent publisher/printer in mind (this WILL be released) so if you think you’re the one to illustrate my work then email me at horrorwriter23@yahoo.co.uk – only then will I let you know what the stories are about.

Thanks for reading,

Steve Deighan.

PS Did I mention I’d be happy to pay UPON completion? (but offer sweeteners in between!)

47. Brianon 19 May 2013 at 3:57 am

Hey,

I’m just a regular guy with a lot of fantasy. I do like humour & entertainment and i’m looking for a drawer/draftsman to collaborate with. I’d really like to make youtube parodies on a lot of themes, but i lack the drawing skills :( .
    So if someone is interested, feel free to contact me, and perhaps we’ll be a hit on youtube! :D

contact me: comedywriter23@hotmail.com

48. Ghoston 19 Jul 2013 at 11:57 am

Unposted storyboard writer looking for Artist/co-writer (if you can do both, awesome, will take 2) to help with a non-superhero-Sci-Fi story idea based in space. No payment at moment.

49. Ghoston 22 Jul 2013 at 12:44 am

Forgot to include contact
    ghost.17.10001@gmail.com

50. coreyon 29 Jul 2013 at 11:01 am

My web comic is called shinrei genshou. i need people to help me with it please send an email to corey244@live.com

51. Jeff Parkson 01 Aug 2013 at 12:55 pm

hey, I’m Jeff parks,i life I’m Phoenix, Arizona, and am both an artist and writer, though my Sykes don’t match. My story right now Eiji, is about a exulted nerd, who one day learns he us the son of Susano`o.mite detail provided late.am currently looking for a Co artist ….will be put on free webcomic site.

52. Anastacios J. Melissason 07 Sep 2013 at 9:09 pm

Greetings, I’m writer from New, York with several stories in need of unique artists and illustrators. I work with a independent publishing company that can help with marketing of comics, graphic novel, or manga. The stories so far consists of Horror, Sci-Fi, Medieval fantasy, and mythical. ( Be warned the Mythical story is a big part. If you can draw demons it is well needed.) my email is anastaciost@Gmail.com . Email me if you are interested and send me a link to your pro folio or to any sites with your art work. Also Payment will be followed at the end of the work. If the comic,graphic novel, or manga sells very well, I may request if you can continue work on the story til further notice. I will be looking forward to working with you. Hope to hear from you soon.

anastaciost@Gmail.com.

Live account: anastaciost@live.com

53. Dederoarcakeson 27 Sep 2013 at 5:13 am

Hello,
    I’m Dede, my husband and I are looking for a artist for a web comic/ manga idea we’ve had for a long time. We’re not yet established, and really don’t have a way as a forum of payment. I’d love to try to find a artist who’s also not established looking for a chance to get their work out there. If your interested please send my husband an email Klonken299@gmail.com

54. Canderstyleon 09 Oct 2013 at 11:01 am

Hey guys I’ve had these ideas for superheroes burning in my head for ages…I’ve been writing things down as they come to me and have even tried drawing them myself but I’m not too good. I have a large group to choose from and several ideas for cool plot twists and deep story backgrounds etc. If anyone wants to give a go at this with me email me for my ideas :)

Canderstyle.

55. Jonon 10 Oct 2013 at 1:09 am

Hi,

I’m a visual storyteller with MA in Screenwriting, 2 musical theater credits and 12 published books (traditionally published, not self published!) including 3 international bestsellers.

Looking for up-and-coming or established artist/illustrator to work on:

graphic novel (teen/adult audience)
    and/or
    comic series (teen/adult audience)
    and/or
    illustrated novel (11-13 yrs/YA)

Native Brit, currently living in Spain.
    toytopia@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jon

56. Ian Froodon 18 Oct 2013 at 4:05 pm

Hi there,
    This seems to be the place to find an artist. My name is Ian Frood and I am a writer from England. I am working on a serialised graphic novel details I will give to applicants on contact. I am hoping to get published by a company if not it will be released by myself digitally. I have no money to pay up front but a share of profits is gauranteed. This is the perfect oppotunity for someone looking to break into comics.

My email is frood.strength@gmail.com

Thanks

Ian Frood

57. CagnTheScourgeon 09 Nov 2013 at 3:23 pm

Greetings, I like many of you often do enjoy a kickass
    comic book, and like many of you I’ve enjoyed comic
    books such as Hulk, Batman, Superman, Captain America,
    Haunt and many others but I enjoy the alternative comics
    books. I often ask myself about characters such as Black
    Panther, Icon, Spawn and so forth…
    I’m a amateur comic writer and artist, currently following
    in the footsteps of Greg Capullo, Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane
    and so on because I just love their art style and have a
    similar style myself, but I’m also a South African and I see
    a lack of african protagonists, of african descent
    superheroes and villains and I want that because I’m
    getting tired of western comic books, I’ve read many
    books and scripts from the west and none from the
    south.
    I’m looking for co-writers, artists such a inkers and
    pencilers to make (our) work come to life, I’m no paying
    though whatever profit may be made from what we
    make will be spilt up equally and fairly… Now, many of
    you aren’t going to be convinced about what kind of
    comics will be made but here’s a summary of a comic
    book I thought about making :
    Asad Nassor was the son of two archaeologists in the
    modern day South Africa, his mother and father were
    always forever busy and never spent time with him until
    his 22nd birthday he receives a mystical necklace that says
    it came from his grandfather, the letter it came with told
    him of the legends of the necklace and that it was forged
    by the spider god Anansi himself. On that night a
    thunderstorm came and the young man wore the
    necklace, and after a night of partying he took a walk to
    clear his head and he never returned.
    Asad was struck by a bolt of lightning that sent him into
    the early 1700s at the dawn of the slavery age, the
    mystical powers within ancient relic bestows onto him the
    powers of the ancient spider god himself. Yet now, Asad
    learns that the history he was taught, was not the history
    that happened and that all that he knew, his entire
    perception changes as ancient powers and man’s cruelty
    becomes a problem for the man out of his time….
    Well there it is, if you’re interested, reply here or send me
    a email. Keep reading comic fans, CagnNgwenya@gmail.com – Peace.

58. Philon 18 Jan 2014 at 4:45 pm

I’m a writer, and it’s my hearts most desperate desire to break into the comic book industry. I’m hoping that through this post I could potentially collaborate with a like-minded artist, talk ideas and hopefully hit it off and make dreams come true.
    If you’d like examples of my writing I would be more than happy to provide examples from stories I have currently in the works.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. :]

-PHIL bphil2586@gmail.com

59. Bryce Scotton 03 Feb 2014 at 1:59 pm

I am a writer looking for an artist to do the artwork for a manga. This is what I have so far.
    Konkyudo
    The art of summoning through magical items such as necklaces and rings.
    Kyudo- the creatures summoned through Konkyudo

If you could make initial sketches of the main characters and of the Kyudo, that would be awesome

Yuki Raita
    Protagonist
    Medium Height
    Moderately Athletic
    Fairly skinny
    Jeans and a t-shirt
    Uses rings as Konkyudo power source
    Kyudo- Goburun ( a goblin)
    Kyudo #2- Tefru (small ratlike creature)

Minato Agara
    Protagonist sidekick
    Reasonably tall
    Kind of Fat
    Not Very athletic
    Sweatshirt and sweatpants
    Small earrings as Konkyudo power source
    Kyudo- Taimusupuritta (time splitter)
    Kyudo #2- Hatsu (tiny martial artist)

Kyuji
    Protagonist teacher
    Short
    Skinny
    Old
    Jeans and a Journey shirt
    Necklace as Konkyudo power source
    Kyudo- Erufi (an elf)

Uryuu Iga
    Antagonist
    Tall
    Very athletic
    Thickly built
    Extremely strong
    Nose ring as Konkyudo power source
    Kyudo- Kuma (bear like creature)

Chikako
    Medium Height
    Slim
    Very athletic, like a gymnast
    Short shorts and t-shirt
    Hoop earrings as Konkyudo power source
    Kyudo- Aiko (bird/humanoid)
    Kyudo#2- Hoki (snake with two heads)

Fumiko
    Tall, long legged
    Skinny
    Fast runner
    Athletic shorts and t-shirt
    Two wrist sweatbands and a head sweatband as Konkyudo power source
    Kyudo- Ako (large rabbit with huge teeth, like fangs)
    Kyudo#2- Iko (large rabbit with huge teeth, like fangs)
    Kyudo #3- Uko (large rabbit with huge teeth, like fangs)

Aiko
    4.5 ft tall
    Wings no arms
    Breathes ice

Hoki
    .7 ft tall
    7 ft long
    Huge snake with two heads on one end

Iko, Ako, Uko
    3 ft tall
    Fastest Kyudo in Tokyo
    Messengers

Goburun
    3.5 ft tall
    Goblin
    Hand axe

Tefru
    Virtually a rat that can talk
    2x the size of normal rat

Nucinochi
    .5 feet tall
    3 feet long
    Dragonoid

Taimusupuritta
    2.5 ft tall
    Clock like with arms and legs

Hatsu
    1.5 ft tall
    Head like a double ended hammer
    Humanoid body

Erufi
    6 ft tall
    Elf

Kuma
    8 ft tall
    Bear like creature that walks on two legs

Timeline-
    -Yuki is bullied at school
    -Is saved from bullies by Minato
    -Minato takes Yuki to see Kyuji
    -Kyuji explains Konkyudo
    -Kyuji gives Yuki a very weak Kyudo called Tefru, a small ratlike creature
    -Uryuu makes fun of Yuki for his weak Kyudo
    -Yuki runs away
    -Yuki finds Goburun in an alley being attacked by bullies
    -Yuki uses Tefru to scare off bullies
    -Goburun joins Yuki
    -Yuki goes back and defeats Uryuu with Goburun and Tefru
    -Uryuu leaves to train on his own
    -Kyuji trains Yuki
    -Yuki and Minato begin to explore downtown Tokyo
    -Run into a lot of Kyudo
    -Defeat all Kyudo, some run, some join Yuki and Minato
    -Yuki gets seven Kyudo and decides that’s too many
    -Keeps Goburun, Tefru, and one other, a small dragonoid Kyudo named Nucinochi
    -Yuki and Minato run into Uryuu who challenges Yuki
    -Yuki barely wins
    -Uryuu tells them about the multiple masters across Tokyo that will duel anybody that challenges them
    Yuki and Minato return to Kyuji to find out about the masters and to train
    -Yuki and Minato leave to challenge the first master in Tokyo
    -Find first master and challenge her, named Chikako
    -She beats Minato but Yuki beats her
    -Yuki receives Hatsu who he gives to Minato
    -Minato challenges her again and beats her
    -Chikako decides to acompany them because she likes Minato’s determination
    -Yuki and Minato learn from Chikako that Uryuu already beat her and that there are 29 more Konkyudo masters in Tokyo and then 70 others throughout Japan
    -Yuki and Minato decide that their dream will go from defending themselves to defeating all the Konkyudo masters
    -Yuki, Minato and Chikako go to the next Konkyudo master, Fumiko
    -Yuki and Minato win easily, Chikako can’t duel because she is also a Konkyudo master
    -Fumiko gives Yuki and Minato Eko, the smallest of her hares and the one she doesn’t use, with the message “Let him go in your time of need and he will run back to me and I will come to your assistance.”
    -Minato keeps Eko as a running watch

This is just a start I plan on making a panel by panel script.
    If you are interested please email me at Jdgmntday2@gmail.com and we will discuss a contract

60. Steveon 09 Feb 2014 at 6:31 pm

I’m a writer looking for an artist to start a project with. My writing style is dark fiction/horror. I have some short stories I’d like to turn in to one-shot comics and longer tales for a graphic novel (if interested). I’m looking for an artist who is like me and looking for more exposure than money. Sorry, I don’t have the cash to pay someone to do this. I’m hoping to find someone who is hungry to get their work out there and build a fan base, like me. I am not looking for any certain style as far as the artist goes, I can’t draw so I’m not gonna tell you how to. You can see some of my work here at https://www.facebook.com/spswriter if you are interested. You can email me at flagg80@yahoo.com, thank you.

61. Stephenon 15 Apr 2014 at 2:56 pm

Hi. I’m an author looking for an artist. If Monstro is still around or anyone looking to build a portfolio, contact me. My book is an early teen novel but I would like a character pic at the beginning of each chapter. It has the potential to be a multi-book series. The characters are barnyard and forest animals with weapons, it will make more sense once we discuss more details. I do have a published novel and have forms for any artist/illustrator collaborations. email me and we can discuss the details and see if we are a fit. sb3434@yahoo.com

62. Johnon 12 May 2014 at 12:30 pm

Webcomic artist needed.

I am working on a webcomic. Its a high fantasy comedy following the protagonist, Kade, across the world in a friendly adventure to break a curse put on him by a gypsie. Its a web comic strip that would be released once a week (in theory) really everything is flexible. If your interested, hit me up at johnthomis3@gmail.com

63. John Ervinon 07 Jun 2014 at 12:36 pm

I am a comic book writer/creator and I am looking for work. My specialties are superheroes, science fiction, and mystery genres. While I am more comfortable with superheroes I am open to anything, just shoot me an email when you can at johnalanervin123@hotmail.com . Thank you.

64. Michael Myerson 09 Jun 2014 at 10:01 pm

I am a comic book writer with a full idea, have it planned from beginning to end. I am looking for an artist to bring my idea to life. Please contact me at michaelmyere578@gmail.com.

65. Mallom Liggonon 14 Jun 2014 at 8:32 am

I’m a writer like many of you on here, and I found a team of artists to work on my comic book series, but I don’t want to stop there. I want to expand and start a company. Look, if your interested email me at mallom33@gmail.com.

Looking for writers, and artists both.

mallom33@gmail.com

66. Danteon 14 Jun 2014 at 8:47 am

@Mallon I’m currently working on a story and have some ideas. I wanna talk shared uni/multiverse i like that idea and it just makes things much less confusing for the reader. I’m also 13 hope that’s not a problem

67. B. McKenzieon 14 Jun 2014 at 6:24 pm

“Look, a lot of us are out here with the same idea. We want to start out own comic book publishing company. Why don’t we all put our heads together and start a company together, a shared universe maybe. ” I’d recommend holding off on this unless/until you have publishing experience.

For one thing, the costs of printing and distributing thousands of issues are non-trivial and it’d probably be much easier to find investors/capital (or to justify using your own savings) for your venture if you have a successful track-record in the industry. If your new company plans on taking on, say, 4 people at the U.S. federal minimum wage ($7.25/hour), that’s $58,000 a year on labor alone. I’d also expect tens of thousands of dollars in operating costs (e.g. printing and distribution).

68. jerryon 07 Jul 2014 at 8:40 pm

I’m looking for a writer with some professional experience. I am slow to reveal my ideas and would rather communicate first before deciding how to start. The good news is that you have a real professional illustrator to work with. I have drawn plenty for Marvel and other independent companies.

One idea I have involves a time traveling vigilante who means to upset the apple cart of various time periods in some effort to alter a very bad future. The other story is about a hugely muscled retired Master Sergeant who basically takes on the military industrial complex and other corrupt government debacles. A great source for these stories would be found in the mainstream news as well as conspiracy sites with some validity to them. The time traveler will be a serious piece where our hero meets up with the likes of Hitler, Nero, you name it (great scenes where modern weaponry shows up in the time of Roman rule, westerns, etc.) and blows them all away. Then we sit back to see the ripples of the events to see if they give us a better future. I’d like to start with a one-shot deal with this one. The Sergeant piece will be a bit slapstick and humorous and our main character is even a bit more cartooney than most characters I draw. His arms will be Magilla Gorilla HUGE! Fun to draw. I’d like this one to be a monthly issue. I’d like to show how governments profit from illegal drugs, wars, corporatism, etc.

Hope to hear from someone who is published with any independent company that has a respectable distribution. Hey, if like me you’ve worked for the big boys, the better. I’m a real professional artist looking for a real professional writer. Please don’t apply if you’ve only got stars in your eyes. If you have genuine writing talent-and you know who you are-then please get with me on this. I’ll make you look good, I just want someone who can make me look good. Thanks.

When all is said and done, I would like to submit the piece to IMAGE for publication. If they don’t pick it up, we’ll do it alone through Diamond.

69. Chrison 11 Jul 2014 at 9:13 am

Hi Jerry, could you please leave an email so I can get in contact with you?

Many thanks.

70. L.H.Janeson 12 Jul 2014 at 8:59 am

Hello everyone.

I have an epic story line in mind, lots of it. I have no time to finish writing it, nor the skill to do it justice. If you want to do another persons story and take more than 3/4 of the credit, send me and e-mail with a 500-1000 sample of your writing.

Any Artists that think they might be interested feel free to reply too.

bethany-stuckings@hotmail.com

71. JJ Goobson 14 Jul 2014 at 11:27 pm

Hello, I am an aspiring comic book writer looking for an artist. I used to draw quite well but got too rusty. I submitted eight stories to Antarctic press awhile back and got some really awesome feedback. Of course they told me the only way they could seriously consider publication is if I had artwork. My stories are mainly starring Hispanic characters because I don’t like any of the ones that have been portrayed so far. I have stories ranging from religious lore, manga, comedy, supernatural, and superhero. Contact me if you are interested on working on a project together. I love writing stories and coming up with characters. I’d like to see one of my stories really come to life. Thanks

72. tinashe nzawangaon 17 Jul 2014 at 10:59 am

hello. My name is tinashe i live in south africa – and im 16years old and i love writing stories alot i enjoy writing i write all kinds of stories and im telling you ,if you give me a 72page book i will finish it in two days and a 2quire book in one week i dont know what makes me finish a 2quire book maybe its because i was meant to be to be a writer all i wish to find somemeone who can helpme out to publish my books that i wrote plz if anyone out there plz need your help

73. tinashe nzawangaon 17 Jul 2014 at 11:20 am

Hello im #tinashe and im i need help out there i’ve been writing since i was 10 now im 16 plz need to publish my stories but i really dont know how email me http://www.Danzeltinashenzawanga@gmail.com and im also good in drawing very good thanks

74. Zachon 21 Jul 2014 at 9:07 am

Looking to draw for someone

75. Zachon 21 Jul 2014 at 9:12 am

Just email me zachtmaynard@yahoo.com

76. LeRizadoron 31 Jul 2014 at 12:33 pm

Hi, I am looking to write sci-if and fiction comic books or novels and am looking for a co writer or even artist. Make your subject “super” and send at least a 500 word example of your writing or 5 sample drawings of full body characters.

My email is xdeeperkyo@gmail.com