Mar 22 2010

Check out these teasers for Guardians of the Globe

Published by at 10:54 am under Book Promotions,Comedy

Image is trying to promote its upcoming Invincible spinoff, Guardians of the Globe, and it hasn’t announced the team membership yet.  However, it has released some teasers, which are pretty funny… especially if you’re familiar with Wolverine Publicity.

10 Responses to “Check out these teasers for Guardians of the Globe”

1. Miss Mynaon 22 Mar 2010 at 6:00 pm

I’m not sure what this is, but it made my day. XD

2. B. Macon 22 Mar 2010 at 6:18 pm

It’s poking fun of Wolverine Publicity, when a comic book company tries selling series by giving cameos to popular characters.

3. Ghoston 22 Mar 2010 at 8:11 pm

umm ok this might make me sound ignorant, but how is the guy on the second cover?

4. B. Macon 22 Mar 2010 at 8:14 pm

Rick Grimes, one of the main characters from The Walking Dead.

5. Jakeon 23 Mar 2010 at 5:14 am

They’re funny and if you haven’t picked up the Walking Dead Series I highly recommend it. It’s a cool series for zombie lovers.

6. Lighting Manon 23 Mar 2010 at 9:29 am

More specifically, they are parodying these (http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Avengers-2010-Tease-100201.html) which Marvel has been putting out to build up hype for all ninety-six new Avengers comic books.

Thanks for posting this, I hadn’t seen it before and they are pretty funny. I even kind of giggled at “Dog Farts” instead of “Hogwarts” on Harry Fodder’s badge, and I don’t normally find fart humor funny, but it is such a small detail that it is kind of funny.

7. B. Macon 23 Mar 2010 at 10:40 am

LM, I think you’re right about the Avengers teasers. Good call.

8. Holliequon 23 Mar 2010 at 11:15 am

These work well enough on their own, though. I have no idea who any of the characters are (except the third one…), but I still found it really funny. 😀

9. Jakeon 23 Mar 2010 at 11:37 am

If you are curious, Holliequ, the 1st one is Spawn: a popular supernatural hero. The second one is Rick Grimes, a regular guy from the Walking Dead. The fourth one is a parody of Harry Potter. And I agree they are very hilarious.

10. B. Macon 23 Mar 2010 at 11:54 am

One amusing thing I noticed is that the files were saved on Image’s website with the names, so Spawn’s was ggtease2_spawn, Rick’s was ggtease2_rick, and Obama’s was ggtease2_obama. The last one was ggtease2_gary. 😉 Wouldn’t want anybody at Scholastic getting confused!