Oct 15 2009

Party like it’s 1999! SN now offers HTML formatting in comments

Published by at 3:12 pm under Superhero Nation

Just register here (it’s free) and you’re good to go.  Here’s an HTML crash course.

How to do HTML on Superhero Nation

22 Responses to “Party like it’s 1999! SN now offers HTML formatting in comments”

1. bmacteston 15 Oct 2009 at 3:21 pm

Let’s see if this works. Bold. Italic. Underline. Strikethrough

(line-break)

• Bullet 1
    • Bullet 2

2. Luna Jamniaon 15 Oct 2009 at 3:31 pm

WOOOHOOO. *cough*

Thanks, B. Mac.

3. Luna Jamniaon 15 Oct 2009 at 3:34 pm

hello. 😀

4. Luna Jamniaon 15 Oct 2009 at 3:48 pm

Oh yeah … one question.

I don’t know how to get to the public view of my profile, but wherever it is, it doesn’t show my email on there, does it?

5. B. Macon 15 Oct 2009 at 4:01 pm

It does not show your e-mail. Also, your profile does not become public unless you author an article here. Even then, the email stays invisible to everybody but one person. (Also, I won’t use your email for anything unless you specifically sign up for the mailing list in the sidebar).

6. Lighting Manon 15 Oct 2009 at 4:12 pm

You mentioned in another post that you won’t sell our email addresses, if you did, what would happen? Is there a market for black market email kidneys? Should I be careful of who my email goes home with at the end of the day? Does a bathtub full of ice work on an email? Are you going to kill my poor little Gmail? .

7. Contra Gloveon 15 Oct 2009 at 4:13 pm

I registered.

Now I can
    use HTML formatting HTML markup language as well.

8. Luna Jamniaon 15 Oct 2009 at 4:18 pm

Eh. My gmail is kinda my throwaway email, I don’t use it much at all. ^^ I used to have it just to have google talk, which now I don’t. But that’s not the point. If B. Mac ever did sell your email or something (which is highly improbable and would never happen unless some evil ruler of the world wannabe created a mind control device and decided to use B. Mac as his/her test subject) all the fudge people would send to your email would go to the spam folder.

That’s what I love about gmail–I don’t log in for a while, then I check it and there’s like 399 messages in the spam folder and I laugh before I delete them forever.

*cough*

anyhow … don’t worry about a thing, Lighting Man.

9. B. Macon 15 Oct 2009 at 4:19 pm

“You mentioned in another post that you won’t sell our email addresses, if you did, what would happen?” Perhaps the NSA would silently dispose of me in the middle of the night.

Some companies buy email lists, but I imagine the going rate for 100-200 email addresses is pathetically low.

10. thablueon 15 Oct 2009 at 4:32 pm

Ah HA!

Now I can proceed with my evil plan to format the world according to my personal taste! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

11. BananaSlugon 26 Oct 2009 at 5:41 pm

(Sorry for posting twice)

Wait, is this working? I thought I had more formatting than that.
    bold italic underline.

Is it working now?

testing. Wow, I’m getting really spammy here. Sorry.

12. BananaSlugon 28 Oct 2009 at 4:51 pm

Come to think of it, I guess I did. Sorry; I’ve been really scatterbrained lately.

Thanks. ^_^ I’ll e-mail you here in a minute. My usual e-mail address is messing up, so I need to pull up my backup account.

13. Mynaon 23 Apr 2011 at 10:29 am

magical italics of doom
    another try at magical italics

14. Crystalon 24 Apr 2011 at 4:58 pm

Okay. Let’s see if this works.
    Testing…

15. Crystalon 24 Apr 2011 at 4:58 pm

Yes! It’s working! I couldn’t figure this out before!

16. NicKennyon 17 Jul 2011 at 12:25 pm

>I/I<

17. NicKennyon 17 Jul 2011 at 12:25 pm

Ooops
    testing repeat

18. Grenacon 20 Jul 2011 at 10:24 pm

eh?

19. Grenacon 20 Jul 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oh goodi- There is suddenly a dashboard above the page :V

20. B. Macon 21 Jul 2011 at 1:18 am

“Oh, good. There is suddenly a dashboard above the page :V ” I think that happens whenever someone signs in. (To anyone that hasn’t registered yet, you can do so for free or sign in if you have registered here).

21. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 21 Jul 2011 at 4:55 am

“To anyone that hasn’t registered yet, you can do so for free or sign in if you have registered here.”

It says “The ReTARDISed Whovian” is taken as a username, but I don’t even remember registering. Plus I’ve gone through pretty much every password that I have and I can’t get in. Huh. I must have decided on some uber-special password for this site, which isn’t doing me any good now, because I’m locked out! XD

22. invader-mynaon 21 Jul 2011 at 5:17 am

Maybe use the ‘I forgot my password’ feature? It said that for me too (although I remember registering for this site a long time ago, so it’s no glitch lol xD) and it just shipped a new pass to my email…