Oct 10 2009

Feedback!

Published by at 9:45 pm under Superhero Nation

I set up a new page for Feedback. If you’d like to give me suggestions, insults or compliments, that would be the best place to do so.  Alternately, please feel free to e-mail me at superheronation-at-gmail-dot-com as always, but I can’t respond as quickly to e-mail.

9 Responses to “Feedback!”

1. Five-manon 15 Aug 2010 at 11:18 am

The new page for feedback didn’t seem to take me anywhere so I’ll put my feedback here for now.

List of superpowers seems to be having problems as it likes to tell me this whenever I look at it. Usually on B.Mac’s comment on the 22nd of June.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /var/www/superheronation/wp-includes/formatting.php(211) : runtime-created function on line 1

maybe its just me but I thought I’d let you know.

2. B. Macon 15 Aug 2010 at 3:31 pm

Hmm, thanks. It sometimes goes crazy when we have 1000+ comments on a single page. I’ll go delete a few hundred.

3. Loysquaredon 15 Aug 2010 at 10:04 pm

It would be cool if you could integrate a “reply” option, since to make a comment, an email is required. That way, 1) comments can be targeted to a specific user, and 2) helps keep track of the comments we [users] make. I for one, don’t always remember what I said nor where, so any advice left from others might get lost.
    Keep up the great work! 😉

4. YoungAuthoron 28 Mar 2012 at 5:02 pm

If there was like a notification system, it would make for better discussions, i think. (think facebook). other than that, GREAT SITE!!!

5. JThunderon 06 Oct 2012 at 1:29 pm

Love all the details and ideas here, but what would really be helpful are more tips for writing the antagonists… realistically portraying supervillains (without resorting to “because he’s *#$cRaZy$#*!!”), supervillain motivations, supervillain plots and what kinds of things to avoid, and so on.

Great website, though. Love it!

6. B. McKenzieon 06 Oct 2012 at 2:00 pm

Hmm. I’m running out the door right now, but my 30-second take on supervillains would be to subvert a heroic goal. For example, how might someone experience altruism in a sinister way? How might a quest for self-improvement go horribly awry? How might an appreciation for truth, beauty, charity, justice or some other relatively uncontroversial value become nefarious? What if the character has a relatively uncontroversial goal (e.g. he really wants to succeed as a police captain), but his actions and/or the actions of others place him in a position such that he feels forced to do nefarious things to avoid screwing it all up even further? What if someone is overly committed to a virtue? For example: I, Robot features a dictatorial conspiracy of velvet-gloved robots that were obsessed with compassion and altruism.

7. Zetaon 31 Dec 2013 at 3:50 pm

Let me start off by saying this: I write, but I make no claims to be good at it. And, I’m wondering how much you read serial fiction. There’s a lot of superhero stuff, and a bunch of us work together. Many of them are linked to here:

8. Pippiloon 19 Nov 2014 at 3:03 am

Hey SN!

I was wondering if you guys have checked out “Worm” by Wildbow. It’s a complete web serial about a bullied girl who has a fairly tame power (can control bugs) but then turns into a world-renowned supervillain. It’s starts off pretty cliche but within a few chapters (posts, not the actual arcs) things take an unexpected turn and then just keep getting better! I love how the plot is fully character driven, the writing is solid, and the world building is amazing. Give it a try.

You can start here reading here: http://parahumans.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/1-1/

9. B. McKenzieon 19 Nov 2014 at 6:53 pm

I have not yet, but thanks for the reference, Pippilo!