Jun 05 2009

“Funeral home closed after dismembering corpse to fit casket”

Published by at 11:41 am under Comedy,I'm not making this up

Ok, that settles it.  I’m getting cremated.

11 Responses to ““Funeral home closed after dismembering corpse to fit casket””

1. Ragged Boyon 05 Jun 2009 at 12:21 pm

Eww, that just ain’t right. I, too, plan on cremation. I think putting together a big funeral and spending all that money on something that’s just going to go in the ground is pointless. I mean sure you want to send your loved ones off in a good manner, but I wouldn’t want to take up space or cost lots of money when I die.

2. Beccaon 05 Jun 2009 at 2:33 pm

AHHHH! That’s horrifying! Yeah, RB, I just don’t want to take up space either, haha. There isn’t a lot of it anymore in the world.

3. Luna Jamniaon 05 Jun 2009 at 5:42 pm

Ew … and there were people there saying “it’s a dead body, the guy’s dead, who cares?”

Um, I WOULD if that were my dad or my grandfather. I’d be ticked off! And disgusted. I mean, the guy’s not even related to me and I feel awful for his family–it’s so disrespectful and just … wrong.

4. Gurion Omegaon 06 Jun 2009 at 12:52 pm

…dismembered the corpse to the fit the casket…did the ever hear about getting a larger one? If that were my family God himself would have to take over me to keep from doing something…

5. Gurion Omegaon 06 Jun 2009 at 12:53 pm

But I think I’d settle for a good ol’ fashioned eighteen million dollar lawsuit…..

6. Anonymouson 06 Jun 2009 at 3:05 pm

I don’t think I’d be too upset if they dismembered someone I love to fit into a coffin. They are dead, anyway. Then again, I have pretty alternative views in everything.

7. Holliequon 07 Jun 2009 at 1:10 pm

I’ve always intended to get cremated. Not that something like this would bother me, but it probably would bother any loved ones I had left.

8. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 07 Jun 2009 at 7:13 pm

I’ve always intended on being cremated. The idea of rotting is too gruesome for me. I want to be scattered somewhere pretty, like the English countryside or the waters of Hawaii.

If someone chopped my loved ones up to fit them in the coffin, I would chop them up… while they were still alive! I can’t believe they did that. Why not bring the issue up? It’s easy enough to say “You need a bigger coffin”. Some people are stupid. I’d sue them, big time.

9. Luna Jamniaon 10 Jun 2009 at 6:35 pm

… GAH!. There hasn’t been a new article in like 5 days … are you having writer’s block?

10. B. Macon 10 Jun 2009 at 9:07 pm

I’m currently unemployed and am working hard to rectify that. However, if you’d like to suggest an article, it’d be easier for me to find the time to do it.

11. Luna Jamniaon 11 Jun 2009 at 3:51 pm

Oh … sorry. :/

Can’t think of one. I was just making a really lame joke.
    Actually, I should stop making jokes, ’cause they’re always lame. I was really wondering though, ’cause usually you do write more. Now I know.