Mar 20 2009

Some Random Thoughts from B. Mac

Published by at 8:12 pm under Comedy,Navel-Gazing,News,Superhero Nation

• Notre Dame just announced that the President is doing our commencement speech this year.  I’ve always been opposed to the idea of commencements and do not plan to attend mine, regardless of the speaker.  This announcement merely makes it absolutely certain that my absence will cause my parents to flip out.  They’re still sore that I successfully missed my high school commencement, even though I had a valid excuse then.
  • In other Notre Dame news, the police busted my St. Patrick’s Day party.  Very exciting.
  • Over these past three days, we’ve been averaging 1000 visitors per day.  That’s about three times as many as normal.

16 Responses to “Some Random Thoughts from B. Mac”

1. Anonymouson 20 Mar 2009 at 9:32 pm

Dude, Obama is going to be there! Just go for that and then leave when he’s finished!

2. B. Macon 20 Mar 2009 at 9:51 pm

I don’t enjoy large crowds.

3. Fitzon 20 Mar 2009 at 10:27 pm

I read that article on your “party”. Sounds like it was a crazy night!
    The Onion is a funny site.

4. B. Macon 20 Mar 2009 at 10:32 pm

It’s hilarious. Have you seen the Larry King skit?

5. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 20 Mar 2009 at 10:49 pm

Saint Pat’s day for me is a day of Irish jokes, green cordial sold at the school canteen and people (badly) faking Irish accents.

6. B. Macon 20 Mar 2009 at 10:53 pm

I wouldn’t have it any other way!

My brother in Japan saw a band of Irishmen participate in a St. Patrick’s Day march in Nagoya. So, get this: Irishmen are celebrating an Irish-American festival about what it means to be Irish, in Japan. That’s globalization for you.

7. Tomon 21 Mar 2009 at 3:53 am

1000 visitors per day? Clearly it’s all thanks to me! (and that new website title that makes the site more prominent in a Google search…)

8. Fitzon 21 Mar 2009 at 6:14 am

I think St. Patrick’s Day is the only national holiday celebrated worldwide. It’s fun though, being part Irish myself.
    Also, that Larry King Live skit is hilarious.

9. Lunajamniaon 22 Mar 2009 at 6:11 pm

I <3 Numb3rs. I haven’t watched it in quite a while so I’d be rather lost, perhaps, but it’s a great show. The Unit is-was-too, until that guy got killed and then it started being too much drama and less fighting and just general confusion. For me, at least.

10. Lunajamniaon 22 Mar 2009 at 6:11 pm

Oh-I think I’m like 5-10% Irish. That’s it. I wish I was at least half Irish.

11. B. Macon 22 Mar 2009 at 6:40 pm

I’d say that the main advantage of being half-Irish is that I can rearrange the letters of my name into “Ken McBrazen.” If only I could use that as my pen-name…

12. Holliequon 23 Mar 2009 at 8:50 am

Hey, my family’s Irish too! Or we were a few generations ago. But still, I’m pretty proud of that heritage.

I got an awesome last name out of it too. :D

13. Ragged Boyon 23 Mar 2009 at 9:11 am

The closet thing I am to Irish…well…I know Irish people. :-)

I’m african american and some portuguese.

14. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 27 Mar 2009 at 4:01 pm

I’m 1/4 Irish.

15. Wingson 30 Mar 2009 at 9:30 am

Hey, same here RW!

- Wings

16. Wingson 30 Mar 2009 at 3:30 pm

Other Saint Patrick’s Day news…

I went to school that day, and for some reason the majority of my classmates was wearing shamrock stickers on their foreheads. Here’s the scene.

ME: *goes up to guy in my class* Why are you guys wearing shamrock stickers?

GUY: *turns to me* The question is, Wings (not telling first name, ALL HAIL PARANOIA!), why aren’t you wearing a shamrock sticker?

ME: *speechless for the moment* …..

Welcome to my life, peoples.

-Wings