Mar 06 2009

Which superhero-related sites do you like best?

For superhero comedy, I’m a fan of the International Society of Supervillains and Evil, Inc.

I’ve come across a few interesting comic book review sites, but I haven’t had nearly as much success finding sites for people that want to write comic books.  Except for Superhero Nation, the closest thing I’ve found is Twelve Fingers.  For example, I found 10 Writing Tips for Comic Book Writers very informative.  However, TF is hard to navigate.

So, which websites would you recommend?

6 Responses to “Which superhero-related sites do you like best?”

1. B. Macon 06 Mar 2009 at 12:14 am

This isn’t really a website, per se, but Dark Horse Comics posted six pages of a comic book in production here.

2. Dforceon 06 Mar 2009 at 5:55 pm

I got one: Superhero Nation. At the risk of brown-nosing, its by far the best site I’ve been to that related to superhero writing (with actual help).

3. B. Macon 06 Mar 2009 at 7:23 pm

Thanks.

4. Stefan the Exploding Manon 07 Mar 2009 at 2:16 am

I go to the International Society of Supervillains once in a while but I find that it doesn’t update often enough. There are four comic-book related websites that I visit regularly, and they’re all different. The ISB, Mindless Ones, Mightygodking and Superhero Nation. I don’t know how to make links, but the first result when you Google any of those should lead you to the right place. Except the last one, of course. Obviously. Dforce is spot on when he says that this site is the best on the web when it comes to help with superhero writing, hands down.

5. B. Macon 07 Mar 2009 at 3:39 am

Thanks, Stefan. I will look into these.

6. Tyon 09 Mar 2009 at 3:59 am

I wouldn’t considered it brown nosing, I would call it ‘accurate’.

Superherohype.com. I heard found that site, then this one. I spent some time browsing on hype and then came here, I haven’t really gone back to that one. I really do think this site is perfect, I was shocked that the guy who writes the articles, actually spends time to read the comments and give advice.