Jan 15 2009
Let’s see. Right now I’m working on the cover of our first issue and a series logo.
- Agent Orange (the reptile) is too cartoony. I’m fond of the expression, but high school and college students wouldn’t give this another look. RB said he looked too much like a Flintstones dinosaur and I can definitely see that.
- Right now, Agent Black (the human) is focused more on a bobblehead than the reptile himself. But the bobbleheads are just props meant to develop how wacky the reptile is. So I’d like the human to interact more with the reptile rather than the dolls.
- I plan to move the poster a bit up and to the left so that we can see it more clearly.
- Instead of folding his hands, Agent Orange could be holding the employment contract that Black signs at the end of the first issue. If we did this, we would probably give the reptile a speech bubble that doesn’t include any words but is just a picture of the human in a decidedly super Rambo pose, maybe blazing into a building with a submachine gun. (This would suggest what’s at stake; if he joins he could be a superagent).
- I definitely need spaces inside the P and the Rs.
- If I use this, I will probably get rid of the stars.
- I was pretty sure that a double-fonted logo would look bad, but I like the way the word NATION intrudes on SUPERHERO.
- I’m not sure about the glasses on the letter O.
- The font and color for the word NATION do not work here. Black doesn’t fit into this logo well.
- I like the white-to-grey gradient on the letters in SUPERHERO.
- I really like the way the letters arc in SUPERHERO.
- Surrounding the letters in SUPERHERO with two gradients is probably too much.
- The top-to-down red-to-blue gradient on NATION does not work.
- This would probably look better if it were all on one line.
- If NATION is on a separate line from SUPERHERO, I think the letters in NATION have to be tweaked to make them go farther. Otherwise it won’t look symmetrical enough.
- The glasses look better here than on #1. I think it’s because #4 is a plainer logo.
What do you think?