Sep 08 2011

Entertaining Survey Responses

Published by at 7:34 pm under Reader Questions

The last question on the SN survey is whether the reader has any questions or comments.  Here are some of the more notable (and notably wacky) responses I’ve received so far.

“While this site has a lot of information repeated elsewhere, some of them, especially the superhero ones, are both fun and informative.”

• I agree that a lot of the information overlaps with other writing websites.  I think it’ll get more distinct as time goes on (in particular, after I get more publishing experience).

“I wish to be promoted to Official Facestomper of SN.”

• I’ll let you know if I ever have an opening.

“im in ur survey, answerin ur qwesjins.”

• EVERYTHING on the internet is controlled by cats.  Even this survey!

“Love your articles!  And, not to be annoying, but there are only six questions. 🙂 ”

• Haha, nice catch.  I’ve since corrected the article.  My theory is that the questions were so awesome that one spontaneously combusted.

“Maybe you could do more writing competitions, like the five page one.”

• I’ll think more about how I could do them more effectively.  My impression is that the writing exercises/contests I’ve done so far have had fairly low turnout.

“You’re the prettiest watermelon in the garden…”

• Perhaps this is some sort of code.  (ABORT MISSION – ALL IS DISCOVERED – ABORT ABORT ABORT)

“Do the Bears have any chance of a winning season this year?  I’m not even sure you can beat Detroit right now.”

• Stafford might stub his toe and go down for the season.  Wouldn’t be the first time.
  • Aaron Rodgers could have a concussion.  And Matt Flynn.  And the Packers defense.
  • Fearless prediction: We’ll have 6-8 wins.  That’s not good, but I still like our chances much better than the Bengals and the Browns.

13 Responses to “Entertaining Survey Responses”

1. Damzoon 09 Sep 2011 at 8:47 am

My comment is one of those, interesting.

2. Mynaon 09 Sep 2011 at 12:18 pm

Whoever said about the watermelon… I want to find out who that was and hug them. xD

3. B. McKenzieon 09 Sep 2011 at 2:01 pm

I have a pretty good idea who included the jab at the Bears and he’s from Mr. Rodgers’ Neighborhood.

4. Chihuahua0on 09 Sep 2011 at 2:26 pm

Hey, I think one of those are mine! 😀

…The watermelon one (which I didn’t write) has interesting subtext.

5. Danion 09 Sep 2011 at 6:25 pm

As much as you try to make this site as depressing as possible, posts like these are always hilarious.

6. B. McKenzieon 09 Sep 2011 at 7:19 pm

This post IS depressing–our playoff chances hinge on Lambeau Field getting hit by a meteor. If I had to choose between 6 wins and 2 wins, I’d rather have 2 because at least we’d probably get Lucky next year. (Assuming we didn’t end up trading him for garbage).

7. GigawattConduiton 10 Sep 2011 at 8:17 am

Hi, I’m here about the Facestomper position?

8. Danion 11 Sep 2011 at 12:23 am

Saw the Saints win the Super Bowl. Anything is possible. Except the Browns going to the playoffs. LOL

9. B. McKenzieon 11 Sep 2011 at 4:31 am

I think the Browns have more potential 2 or 3 years from now than at least five other teams. I can envision a scenario where the Browns make the playoffs in 2012 or 2013. Honestly, I can’t imagine how the Colts, the Vikings or Redskins could.

For example, the Colts weren’t elite even with Peyton Manning. Without him, I don’t see them getting to 6 wins. Last year, they had the 20th ranked defense and the 29th ranked running game–if their passing drops to average, how many teams could they beat? Definitely NOT Houston*. It boggles my mind that the Colts had an elite quarterback for 15 years and yet didn’t have a contingency plan in place in case he went down with an injury. In contrast, the Packers, Patriots and even the Bears have a competent backup that can at least tread water. (Chicago’s third-string Hanie nearly rallied the team against Green Bay in the playoffs).

*UPDATE: I just saw Collins and the Colts get humiliated by Houston. The Colts can’t run, can’t pass and can’t defend. I think we’ll be seeing a lot of this.

Barring some major setbacks, like a meteor hitting Lambeau, Green Bay looks absolutely dominant for the next few years. It has so much young talent and its coaches/management are stellar. I think Chicago’s playoff hopes rest on the wild card. The good news there is that the NFC wild card race does not look particularly rough. The NFC East has the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys and the South has the Saints and the Falcons. Over the next few years, I don’t expect all that much from the Saints or Giants (collapsing defenses and injury/decline issues on offense), and the weaker of the Eagles/Cowboys pair should be pretty manageable. IF Chicago can get 10 wins, I think the playoffs are a possibility.

UPDATE: Admittedly, we’re only one game through the season, but destroying a very strong Atlanta team suggests to me that we will probably make the playoffs.

10. EvilpixieAon 12 Sep 2011 at 12:24 am

You actually read those?! Wow, I’m impressed. Oh, and the watermelon thing wasn’t a code, what are you talking about, nonsense, nonsense… 😛

11. B. McKenzieon 12 Sep 2011 at 12:55 am

Well, only about 30 people have included a response/question there. Most of the responses were very short (generally 1-2 sentences). It didn’t take me long to read them and I had a lot of fun writing my answers/recriminations.

12. Wingson 12 Sep 2011 at 10:34 am

…I guess this means I’m not getting that promotion. Dang.

On a side-note, watermelon person is my new hero.

– Wings

13. EvilpixieAon 14 Sep 2011 at 12:12 am

Wow, didn’t think watermelon thing would go down so well. Lol.