Aug 04 2011
- Six Vital Signs of a Healthy Plot. I see a surprising amount of manuscripts without wants/goals. Things just sort of happen around the main character. Also, please leave us in some doubt as to whether the main characters will be able to accomplish their goals.
- Ten Rules for Manuscript Evaluations. This article is targeted at thriller authors, but I think most of it applies regardless of genre. Hat-tip: Linda Gerber.
- You’re Kind of a Big Deal–don’t lose your guts when the going gets tough. Hat-tip: Janet Reid.
- Identifying the Strengths of Your Work.
- Elevator Pitches: Dos and Don’ts. Some helpful thoughts if you have 30 seconds of an agent’s time.
- 45 Flaws of Inexperienced Authors (Part 1)
- 45 Flaws of Inexperienced Authors (Part 2)