Mar 01 2010

Peter Parker got fired…

Published by at 5:46 pm under Comic Books

…and faces eviction.  I bet he feels like an idiot now for not selling those inauguration tickets.

16 Responses to “Peter Parker got fired…”

1. B. Macon 01 Mar 2010 at 5:58 pm

It’s hardly the first time Jameson has fired him, though. CNN may regard this as a newsworthy development, but it feels pretty obvious to me that he’ll be back working for Jameson inside of a few months and certainly by next year.

2. Ghoston 01 Mar 2010 at 6:07 pm

When did he start working for the Bugle again. last time I read a spider-man comic he was working for Ben Urich at some little rag tag paper.

3. Contra Gloveon 01 Mar 2010 at 7:14 pm

I sure hope he has friends in high places willing to give him a hand.

4. Lighting Manon 02 Mar 2010 at 8:06 am

Ghost, about a year a go. donkey-in-chief Jefe Joe Quesada decided that what made Marvel terrible is the fact that they’ve never had any enormous year-destroying retcons that are explained within the story (see D.C’s Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Identity Crisis, all that babble) instead they mostly just ignored the fact that the Punisher is in his late eighties, at least, and Spider-Man should be dead of arthritis at this point, so Spider-Man made a deal with a fake-Satan to make it so time had passed, as if he had never married Mary Jane at all, making Peter Parker one of those rockin’ forty year-old bachelors that live with their aunts, because they just changed the course of events, they didn’t make him younger. This led to Brand New Day, the aforementioned marriage-selling, in which Harry Osborn came back from the dead, Gwen Stacy nearly came back from the dead, and Peter Parker went back to having the exact same lifestyle he did as when he was in his twenties.

Because men that watch children at playgrounds while wearing long brown jackets can be more easily related to then happily married men, so speaketh Joe Quesada. He was so awesome, they had a character with nearly his name as a rapist and eventually train-squashing victim in the 2003 Daredevil adaptation.

5. Ghoston 02 Mar 2010 at 3:13 pm

Lighting man,
    LOL. great editorial. Yeah I knew about the DC like retcon that they did with spider-man, but I did not know that he went back to work at the bulge as a result.

6. Bretton 02 Mar 2010 at 8:52 pm

Why doesn’t his good friend Tony Stark just buy out the paper and make him the editor? Then he’d have job security. XD

7. Contra Gloveon 03 Mar 2010 at 5:11 am

@ Brett

Haven’t you heard? Print newspapers are losing readership, and online doesn’t make enough money. Tony Stark would bankrupt himself. 🙂

8. B. Macon 03 Mar 2010 at 5:32 am

Also, the last time Tony Stark tried helping Peter with money, it ended up creating a supervillain. I’m struggling to remember the details, though. A guy from Peter’s childhood that was even more of a dweeb than Peter was got really bitter about being a not particularly good scientist and Peter felt sorry for him so he tried to help, but to Peter’s great surprise psychotic mass murderers cannot be trusted with military-grade equipment.

9. Ghoston 03 Mar 2010 at 1:32 pm

B Mac,
    LoL, yeah the army really didn’t like trusting me with military equipment either. I am pretty sure I still hold the record in my old unit for the most wreaked humvees in a single deployment. I also accidentally shot an AT4 into Pakistan once. They weren’t to happy about that either.

10. B. Macon 03 Mar 2010 at 5:23 pm

At AEI, one of my fellow interns was a former Israeli tank commander that claims he nearly veered into Syrian territory on a live fire drill. Sadly, my life has not been so interesting. I went to Columbia Heights once, but it was more of a stupid shortcut than an international incident.

11. Wingson 03 Mar 2010 at 6:40 pm

Er, what interesting story can I add to the melee?

Well, I fell down an escalator once….

And there was the time when I nearly cut my fingertip off, bandaged it with my teeth, passed out, fell off a chair, smashed a gigantic mirror, and came to of my own accord a unknown amount of time later and went downstairs to tell my father, who hadn’t noticed a thing.

Yeah, I’m clumsy. Like Bella, only minus all of her “positive” traits, the stalker boyfriend, and the posse of boys; with a large dash of abrasive cynicism and two tablespoons of undiluted rage.

– Wings

12. Lighting Manon 03 Mar 2010 at 7:11 pm

I traveled to Brazil and killed the man that had a sniper kill my fiancé on my wedding day, the fiancé I was marrying for my underling so she wouldn’t be deported…

Oh, yes, the sunglasses.

I guess…I shouldn’t have…worn white…

13. Ghoston 03 Mar 2010 at 7:19 pm

Um… Lighting Man, what are you talking about? Is that a reference to something?

14. Lighting Manon 03 Mar 2010 at 8:55 pm

It’s a poorly executed reference to CSI: Miami.

Strange though, it’s a hit with the fifty and over crowd.

15. B. Macon 04 Mar 2010 at 6:55 am

Because most of Miami is older than 50? 😉

16. Ghoston 04 Mar 2010 at 4:16 pm

Ah… now I remember. I knew that plot sounded a little bit familiar.