Feb 06 2010

Page 1 is colored!

Published by at 1:54 am under Comic Book Art

What do you think?

Please see all five pages here.

13 Responses to “Page 1 is colored!”

1. Contra Gloveon 06 Feb 2010 at 2:38 am

Seems like an okay coloring job. The “tips” in the book need to curve with the page, though.

2. Rebeccaon 06 Feb 2010 at 7:37 am

Brilliant Colouring Job!

3. Luna Jamniaon 06 Feb 2010 at 10:34 am

Wait, so now he’s blond … or is that just my computer?

4. B. Macon 06 Feb 2010 at 10:37 am

Yeah, we changed his hair color a bit (mainly so that he looks less like me). Do you like it?

5. Beccaon 06 Feb 2010 at 12:28 pm

I like it very much 🙂

6. Merideson 06 Feb 2010 at 5:17 pm

OMG, B.Mac – the first panel looks SO much better… The fact that he’s in the first of two rows of chairs makes so much more sense, everything’s 200% better! Blonde… eh, I can get used to it. A bit too bright blonde for my tastes, but it’s ok.

The only thing I see that I’m not too sure about is that the rope AO is on in the last panel looks like a massive sideburn.

7. B. Macon 06 Feb 2010 at 6:19 pm

Merides, do you mean the first panel is better than it was without the color? Or do you mean it was better than the first stab at this page (where we saw him from a different angle)?

The original version of page 1

I think that the first panel has gotten considerably better, but I don’t think Agent Orange turned out as well in the final panel. He’s less lively–in the original, his jaw was open wider, which made him look more excited and enthusiastic. In terms of coloring, I don’t think he’s as vibrant.

8. Merideson 06 Feb 2010 at 10:41 pm

Better than the first stab – I hadn’t seen the uncolored version until later today.

9. Lucas Irineuon 07 Feb 2010 at 8:41 am

I like it. Emily did a nice job on the coloring 🙂

10. Anonymouson 07 Feb 2010 at 5:23 pm

I know you’ve changed the hair color so it is paler but I think it could use more shading so it looks more texture-y…

11. Lighting Manon 07 Feb 2010 at 5:26 pm

I think it looks the best out of the three coloured versions thus far, very professional. Very impressive and sure to be a hit at all the companies that see it!

12. Ragged Boyon 07 Feb 2010 at 7:53 pm

I like it a lot, but I feel like there’s an odd darkness to it. Maybe it’s my computer, though. The blonde is a change I’m still getting used to, but I can understand the change. Keep it going, man!

13. B. Macon 08 Feb 2010 at 4:19 am

I’m still getting used to the blond myself. I’ll have to work it out with Emily, but I don’t think that the page will be as dark when I send it to publishers. I’ve prepared some samples below.

Also, I feel like the page will benefit a lot from being printed full-size rather than shown online in a shrunken form. A comic book page is considerably larger than this website’s viewing area.