Mar 11 2009

I hope this is a spoof

Published by at 10:30 am under Comedy

(It is).

13 Responses to “I hope this is a spoof”

1. Tomon 11 Mar 2009 at 10:59 am

God, I’ve watched that about a 100 times. Funniest thing ever.

Of course, I say that now, but watch, it’s only a matter of time before Warner Brothers gets some ideas…

2. Davidon 11 Mar 2009 at 1:03 pm

O.O what was that?

3. Tomon 11 Mar 2009 at 1:34 pm

I love how they gave Dr. Manhattan pants. Lol, censorship.

4. Lunajamniaon 11 Mar 2009 at 2:05 pm

0.o

I … I have no words for this …

5. Dforceon 11 Mar 2009 at 2:20 pm

Am I the only one that notices the animation as being somewhat decent (albeit simple)? A good script would fix this mess up, methinks. Though, it almost looks too real to be a spoof… *shudders* lol.

6. B. Macon 11 Mar 2009 at 3:24 pm

I think the animation is excellent, good enough to get aired. That pink cat is so much better-drawn than The Thundercats or Scooby Doo that it’s startling. The scene where the Owl is dancing to the rave-lights is like a smoother version of Michelangelo’s intro in the original TMNT theme.

Also, it’s hard to imagine that a project like this hasn’t been drawn up at least once. For example, one of Canada’s cartoon stations made a cartoon show based on Cybersix, an Argentinian comic book series with a lot of drugs, prostitution, and Nazis.

7. Ragged Boyon 11 Mar 2009 at 6:38 pm

I loved the movie, but I’m not enthusiastic about a cartoon unless it captured that same grittiness.

I want to see Nite Owl do a jig, then snaps a guys arms like a toothpick.

Poor Watchmen, it’s just as I expected. Spectacular movie, but failed in the box office. People only want to see actors they already know, the cast is one of the biggest factors in how many viewers you will recieve. Watchmen had a cast of (essentially) nobodies, how unfortunate.

8. Stefan the Exploding Manon 12 Mar 2009 at 7:03 am

My God, I love this video. There is an excellent quality original version on Newgrounds somewhere, I think.

This is probably the best spoof of Watchmen ever. It’s everything Watchmen isn’t, plain and simple. Alan Moore would rip his beard off.

9. Dforceon 12 Mar 2009 at 7:45 am

Yet another parody. I love this guy’s stuff, despite being action figures, they’re really good!

10. B. Macon 12 Mar 2009 at 7:48 am

I don’t think The Watchmen’s slightly disappointing returns were caused primarily by the star power of its cast. Over the past five years, DC has had several hit movies with unknown casts. Had you ever heard of Christian Bale or Heath Ledger or any of the cast of 300? Conversely, having Sean Connery didn’t help League of Extraordinary Gentlemen much.

The conventional wisdom is that the movie was too long and too mature. I haven’t seen the movie, but that sounds about right from the second-hand accounts I’ve heard. (Was it really necessary to show Dr. Manhattan’s crotch?)

11. scribblaron 12 Mar 2009 at 3:52 pm

Heath Ledger – yes, Knights Tale was awesome.

Christian Bale – yes, American psycho was awesome and I loved his apartment.

12. B. Macon 12 Mar 2009 at 5:00 pm

Knight’s Tale!?! I sort of fell out of that movie as soon as they used Get Ready during the obligatory montage scene.

13. Ragged Boyon 12 Mar 2009 at 6:17 pm

I think Manhattan’s crotch was okay to show once, for eveyone that wanted the movie to be true to the novel. But I don’t understand why he couldn’t wear his underwear thing throughout the whole movie.