Feb 01 2009

Sunday Updates

Published by at 2:02 pm under Football,Navel-Gazing,Superhero Nation

1. In February, we set a new personal record for new visitors.  (We had around 10,000 for the month).
  2. Today, we reached 75,000 total visitors.
  3. On Centsports.com, I am putting my $4.75 on Arizona to beat the Steelers today.  I fully expect to lose (defense wins championships), but I am fully buying into the much-hyped Arizona miracle.

7 Responses to “Sunday Updates”

1. Ragged Boyon 01 Feb 2009 at 8:49 pm

Well, that’s a $4.75 you’ll never see again. Don’t really I fell your pain, but not really. Haha, I’m rubbing salt in your open wound.

2. Jacobon 02 Feb 2009 at 9:49 am

Well, Arizona did not beat the Steelers, but they got close enough to cover the spread. The Steelers were favored to win by 7 but only won by 4.

3. Miusherion 02 Feb 2009 at 12:36 pm

Yay Steelers! It was fun running around my neck of the woods (five miles from downtown Pittsburgh) after the game…

// I bleed black and gold
    // SIX-PACK!

4. Jacobon 02 Feb 2009 at 2:25 pm

Grr! Well, I hope you had a fun time celebrating. It was a good game and I’m just glad it wasn’t the Patriots or Eagles or Cowboys. Up in New Haven, we had a lot of fairweather Patriots fans. If you ever meet a self-proclaimed Patriots fan, I recommend asking him “who’s your favorite defensive player?” Silence. Glorious silence.

5. Miusherion 02 Feb 2009 at 3:02 pm

Thank you! It’s great to be in town for this. My husband and I were in New York for SB XL, and missed out on the fun afterward.

The one Pats fan I know has stuck with them since the early 90s, so I respect him a lot more than the bandwagoners who’ve come crawling out of the woodwork recently. You’re quite right: most of them root for Tom “Second Coming of Christ” Brady and, Uh, Some Other Guys.

6. Mikeon 03 Feb 2009 at 9:16 pm

You can also check out bettorfan. They are in beta and just like centsports. I use both so I can double my money. Good luck!

7. Cadet Davison 04 Feb 2009 at 10:22 am

Hmm. Here are a few free design observations for your site, Mike.

1. You’re obviously working for that site, so I don’t think that pretending to be just another site user helps your pitch. I’d recommend being upfront.
    2. On the site itself, I’d recommend getting rid of the highlighted letters. Highlighting tends to look cheesy.
    3. I’d recommend making the green links at the bottom of the homepage darker so that they show up better on a white background.