Feb 01 2009

Sunday Updates

Published by at 2:02 pm under Football,Navel-Gazing,Superhero Nation

1. In February, we set a new personal record for new visitors.  (We had around 10,000 for the month).
  2. Today, we reached 75,000 total visitors.
  3. On Centsports.com, I am putting my $4.75 on Arizona to beat the Steelers today.  I fully expect to lose (defense wins championships), but I am fully buying into the much-hyped Arizona miracle.

6 Responses to “Sunday Updates”

1. Ragged Boyon 01 Feb 2009 at 8:49 pm

Well, that’s a $4.75 you’ll never see again. Don’t really I fell your pain, but not really. Haha, I’m rubbing salt in your open wound.

2. Jacobon 02 Feb 2009 at 9:49 am

Well, Arizona did not beat the Steelers, but they got close enough to cover the spread. The Steelers were favored to win by 7 but only won by 4.

3. Miusherion 02 Feb 2009 at 12:36 pm

Yay Steelers! It was fun running around my neck of the woods (five miles from downtown Pittsburgh) after the game…

// I bleed black and gold
    // SIX-PACK!

4. Jacobon 02 Feb 2009 at 2:25 pm

Grr! Well, I hope you had a fun time celebrating. It was a good game and I’m just glad it wasn’t the Patriots or Eagles or Cowboys. Up in New Haven, we had a lot of fairweather Patriots fans. If you ever meet a self-proclaimed Patriots fan, I recommend asking him “who’s your favorite defensive player?” Silence. Glorious silence.

5. Miusherion 02 Feb 2009 at 3:02 pm

Thank you! It’s great to be in town for this. My husband and I were in New York for SB XL, and missed out on the fun afterward.

The one Pats fan I know has stuck with them since the early 90s, so I respect him a lot more than the bandwagoners who’ve come crawling out of the woodwork recently. You’re quite right: most of them root for Tom “Second Coming of Christ” Brady and, Uh, Some Other Guys.

6. Mikeon 03 Feb 2009 at 9:16 pm

You can also check out bettorfan. They are in beta and just like centsports. I use both so I can double my money. Good luck!