Jan 30 2009

Superman is faking his weakness to kryptonite!

Published by at 2:59 am under Superman

The Evil Overlord List recommends that evil overlords fake a vulnerability to confuse their enemies.

For example, I will order all mirrors removed from the palace, and scream and flinch whenever someone accidentally holds up a mirror, etc. In the climax, when the hero whips out a mirror and thrusts it at my face, my reaction will be “Hmm…I think I need a shave.”

Superman is obviously faking his vulnerability to kryptonite.  It’s highly suspicious that so many people have attempted to use kryptonite against him but none have managed to kill or maim him.  Also, doesn’t it seem implausible that someone would be fatally vulnerable to the radiation given off by his own planet?

Although some nay-sayers might argue that Superman is too honest to lie about this sort of thing, I think it’s just like a better version of his Clark Kent ruse.

7 Responses to “Superman is faking his weakness to kryptonite!”

1. Tyon 05 Feb 2009 at 4:35 pm

Pretty interesting. I think it’s quite possible. And an incredibly good idea (for either villains or heroes) everyone knows you should never tell anyone your weaknesses, but having a ‘mock’ weakness is a great idea (and one that I never thought to think of).

I agree with the ‘being part of his ruse’. In the spider man2 video game the narrator says that spider man pulls his punches so he doesn’t smash a bank robber’s skull. (I’m sure other heroes do the same) So pretending to be more hurt then they are, taking a dive doesn’t seem that far fetched.

2. Davidon 05 Feb 2009 at 4:44 pm

Apparently Krypton became radioactive due to some sort of war in one version. That’s why he’s got a weakness to it.

3. B. Macon 05 Feb 2009 at 5:00 pm

“Apparently Krypton became radioactive due to some sort of war… that’s why he has a weakness to it.”

Hmm. I had previously succumbed to Superman’s fantastical stories that Krypton was some sort of futuristic utopia. In light of the fact that everything else we know about Superman is probably a lie, it doesn’t surprise me that Krypton was actually a war-charred radioactive hellhole. In fact, that would explain why over so many of the Kryptonians we see on Earth are dictatorial villains (and even Superman is a dick).

4. Davidon 05 Feb 2009 at 5:03 pm

lanugh B.mac i have a certien image of you lol

yer but whos to say whats true and not true

5. B. Macon 05 Feb 2009 at 5:19 pm

If your image of me is based off of what I’ve claimed on this website, I’m pretty confident that it’s not true. 🙂

6. Davidon 05 Feb 2009 at 5:28 pm

lol ok anyways im made some changes to the story iv done the novle version coz its easier have a look i’ll post it on my reviw form

7. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 07 Feb 2009 at 4:46 am

Comic book storylines have always confused me. I don’t read them, but I hear several different versions and can never be sure if the events all happen in parallel universes or just in one. I shall just assume that the writers don’t agree on anything, so they produce very convoluted plots.