Mar 24 2012

Please Donate

Published by at 3:24 am under Navel-Gazing

I would appreciate if you would consider making a donation. Thanks.

16 Responses to “Please Donate”

1. FVE-Manon 28 Mar 2012 at 4:56 am

I logged in and it gave me this page: “You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.”

2. Luna Jamniaon 28 Mar 2012 at 6:31 am

Holy wow I feel like I missed a lot.
    Tell ‘m I said congratulations! 🙂

3. Carl Shinyamaon 28 Mar 2012 at 10:53 am

Wish I could at the moment

4. B. McKenzieon 28 Mar 2012 at 11:22 am

FVE-Man, I’ve updated the code. Is it working?

“Tell ‘m I said congratulations!” I appreciate your congratulations, but I’m not in an actual program quite yet. (Harvard offers open-enrollment summer school courses which don’t award degrees. My main goal with the course is to show to prospective MS programs that I can handle the material).

No worries, Carl. It’s a hard economy. Thanks for your consideration.

5. Nightwireon 28 Mar 2012 at 11:18 pm

Man, I do hope I can help you. But I’m just a poor student. 😛

6. FVE-Manon 28 Mar 2012 at 11:41 pm

Yep, the new code works fine. Good luck with school!

7. B. McKenzieon 29 Mar 2012 at 1:51 am

“Man, I do hope I can help you. But I’m just a poor student.” Understood. If you could swing it, even small contributions are greatly appreciated. (If 1%* of readers gave $1, that’d come out to something like $2500 a year). If not, I understand–it was deathly difficult for me to procure employment while in school.

*Converting 1% of free readers into voluntary donors would be quite a feat, though.

“Yep, the new code works fine. Good luck with school!” Thanks!

8. Luna Jamniaon 29 Mar 2012 at 4:57 pm

B.Mac, I swear there was something else there too when I made my post. … XD And yes, good luck.

9. B. McKenzieon 29 Mar 2012 at 5:40 pm

“B.Mac, I swear there was something else there too when I made my post.” There was! In the original version of this post, I included a sentence describing why I was asking for money, but I removed that because it struck me as too mawkish. Suffice it to say that I have two main needs for money, neither one of which is procuring enough grenades and killer bees to seize control of Madagascar. (At this point, another attempt to seize a Third World country would just be throwing good money after bad).

10. M. Happenstanceon 29 Mar 2012 at 8:55 pm

Do I even want to know what happened the first time?

11. Nightwireon 29 Mar 2012 at 9:12 pm

Grenades and killer bees are for chumps. If you want to take over the world, death rays and Arctic strongholds are where it’s at. Think big, man!

12. B. McKenzieon 29 Mar 2012 at 9:57 pm

“Do I even want to know what happened the first time?” They made a meme about it. Madagascar destroyed me pretty thoroughly.

Maybe I should have started with Mozambique?

13. Nightwireon 29 Mar 2012 at 10:06 pm

@the Gif: Woah, that looks… obtusely offensive. Seriously, blackface?

14. B. McKenzieon 29 Mar 2012 at 10:22 pm

I would recommend against reading anything into a 3 color drawing probably put together with MS Paint. It looks a lot more like a matter of the artist’s (lack of) talent than anything malicious.

15. Nightwireon 29 Mar 2012 at 10:38 pm

Hah, I know. I just think it’s really poorly thought-out 😛

By the way, B.Mac. Could you please give me some critiques on my female characters: http://www.superheronation.com/2011/08/27/red-flags-for-female-characters-written-by-men/

You must be thinking think I’m a blatant attention whore.

16. B. McKenzieon 30 Mar 2012 at 1:19 am

“You must be thinking I’m a blatant attention whore.” No, I appreciate tactful reminders.

Comments RSS