Jun 14 2011
I can be contacted here.
My favorite types of messages:
- Review requests. Send me your novel manuscript, comic book script, short story and/or query and I’ll offer some suggestions about how you might be able to improve it. I’ve also reviewed writing websites, marketing materials and comic book art.
- Any other questions related to writing and/or strengthening a novel manuscript, short story or comic book script.
- Business questions, like how to market your works more effectively or find a comic book artist.
- Job proposals–I’m available as a freelance editor, proofreader and/or author.
- Feedback and/or witty insults (please hold the forgettable ones–otherwise you’re wasting both of our time).
- Interesting links. If a link is somehow related to fiction writing and/or the publishing industry, I’m 99% likely to check it out.
Please do not send me any of the following:
- Anything related to movie and/or TV scripts. I’ve never worked in Hollywood and can’t help you there.
- Any stories with 3+ typos in the first paragraph. Sorry, but I only have time to read/review about half of the stories that come my way. I don’t have time for everyone, so I have to limit myself to the authors that are most serious about their craft. (If you’re not there yet, no worries–please submit again as soon as your manuscript is ready).
- Anything inspired in any way by Dragonball Z. (If you’re confident you’re a serious writer, you can send it anyway, but I will stop reading if there are more than 10+ typos per page. So far those stories are 0 for 5).
- Publishing requests. I can offer advice but not publishing deals.
- Any personal information that probably should not be shared with online strangers, such as your age/sex/location/medical issues/fondness for Dragonball Z, unless it’s really relevant to a question you have.