Feb 28 2011

I’m recovering very nicely!

Published by at 3:07 am under Navel-Gazing

The surgery to remove my wisdom teeth went unusually well. I should be responding normally to comments/emails by tomorrow (Tuesday).

If you’re waiting on a response, please post a comment below to remind me.

26 Responses to “I’m recovering very nicely!”

1. Contra Gloveon 28 Feb 2011 at 4:19 am

That’s okay. I can wait.

2. Nicholas Caseon 28 Feb 2011 at 5:51 am

Ouch…I hope they sedate you before they do it…

3. B. Macon 28 Feb 2011 at 6:49 am

Contra, I checked my to-do list, and I don’t have anything planned for you at the moment. Are you waiting on a response for a comment or e-mail? (If it’s a comment, could you remind me where? If it’s an e-mail, could you send it again?)

Yeah, Nick, I’ll be under general anesthetic.

4. Castilleon 28 Feb 2011 at 7:19 am

I think I can wait too. Its not that long actually.

5. Contra Gloveon 28 Feb 2011 at 11:12 am

No, I didn’t send you anything. I was just trying to say that I’d wait before sending you anything, that’s all.

6. HarleyQon 28 Feb 2011 at 5:49 pm

Uh oh. Well, good luck dude. I heard that it still hurts for a bit afterwards too. I’ll send good vibes! xD

7. E.J. Apostropheon 28 Feb 2011 at 6:25 pm

Hope you feel better!

8. Castilleon 28 Feb 2011 at 6:48 pm

9. B. Macon 28 Feb 2011 at 7:52 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everybody.

“I was going to have my wisdom teeth removed… then they did the X-ray and found out I didn’t have them.” Haha, yeah, according to Wikipedia ~35% of people don’t develop them.

I had a pretty complicated case (six wisdom teeth instead of the usual four), but the operation went unusually well and I’m downing smoothies and noodles like they’re going out of style. The places where the teeth were removed hurt about as much as a cold sore. I opted out of the post-op painkillers because, umm, after shingles you don’t need painkillers for a cold sore.

I should be responding to comments and e-mails normally by tomorrow.

10. Nicholas Caseon 28 Feb 2011 at 8:01 pm

YAY! Glad you’re okay B.Mac!

11. Milanon 01 Mar 2011 at 1:01 am

Welcome back B.Mac! Hopefully you can find my other post that seems to have gotten lost.

12. Contra Gloveon 01 Mar 2011 at 4:11 am

Glad you’re back, B. Mac!

13. B. Macon 01 Mar 2011 at 6:09 am

Sorry about that, Milan. I found this comment in the spam filter and have since restored it.

14. Marquison 01 Mar 2011 at 6:58 am

Man B.Mac you must really take care of your teeth! You had six wisdom teeth and hey dont hurt much.

What toothpaste are you using 😉

15. Marquison 01 Mar 2011 at 7:01 am

I Kinda made some useless comments due to boredom, but I also made some really important ones. Dude i gotta apologize i didnt know you were recovering until recently. Mostly because i make the comments in between classes or in class.

Sorry.

16. Nicholas Caseon 01 Mar 2011 at 1:54 pm

I’m optimistic that B.Mac will forgive you.

17. B. Macon 01 Mar 2011 at 6:45 pm

Yeah, it’s not a problem, Marquis. I make quite a lot of useless comments myself. 😉

I haven’t been looking at many comments these past few days, but I’ll get on yours as soon as possible.

18. Wingson 01 Mar 2011 at 9:22 pm

Six teeth out, yeesh…

I got mine out last year and was very disappointed to be lucid afterwards. All the best mindtrippy writing is usually created under the influence of something or other, after all.

…They promised me loopiness! They lied!

– Wings

19. B. Macon 01 Mar 2011 at 9:50 pm

My father came out in a dreamy, hazy state and thought he was in heaven speaking to angels. After about 30 seconds, he realized that they were actually the surgeons.

20. Ragged Boyon 02 Mar 2011 at 11:17 am

“I had a pretty complicated case (six wisdom teeth instead of the usual four), but the operation went unusually well and I’m downing smoothies and noodles like they’re going out of style.”

Six wisdom teeth? Human circus! No, I’m kidding. I’m glad recovery is moving smoothly. Fortunately, my wisdoms came in properly. Unfortunately, I have 10 cavities (only two big one, though) and, apparently, I chew up the inside of my mouth.

21. Wingson 02 Mar 2011 at 11:22 am

Despite an addiction to chocolate (I can stop any time I want!), I have miraculously never had a cavity, thereby rendering my dad’s horror stories about drills and blinding pain a tad useless.

– Wings

22. Antonio Marchenaon 05 Mar 2011 at 3:09 pm

I am happy you are recovering at a good pace B. Mac! I’ve been reading all the good stuff on the page and following your good advice. Thanks and take care!

23. B. Macon 07 Mar 2011 at 9:06 pm

I’m slightly amused that 3 people have shared this post with their friends on Facebook. Slow week at work? 😎

24. The ReTARDISed Whovianon 13 Mar 2011 at 3:01 am

I hate going to the dentist. It must have really sucked. D:

SIX WISDOM TEETH? Holy heck. I reckon the worst part is that they probably weren’t loose, right? So they had to yank them out from scratch. Yeeeek.

My wisdom teeth are almost completely through, but I’m lucky because they haven’t caused problems. They’re just sat there, and I imagine they would say: “Yeah, I’m a tooth. So, like, I’m at the back of your mouth. I’m just chilling, not hurting you or anything, I’m just here to chew your food and help you. Because I’m a tooth.”

25. B. Macon 21 Mar 2011 at 9:25 pm

“I reckon the worst part is that they probably weren’t loose, right?” I think wisdom teeth are usually submerged in the gum? I wouldn’t have known that I had them unless they had shown up on the dentist’s x-ray. The dentist had to make an incision in the gum to extract them.

“Thanks and take care!” You too, Antonio.

26. Jedi Penguinon 23 Mar 2011 at 12:46 am

Ach, dentists suck! I have proof they’re evil through the transitie property.

Glad you’re doing ok B. Mac!